Exciting news for fans of S. Craig Zahler and his breakout debut film Bone Tomahawk. Zahler is back to work on his next film Brawl in Cell Block 99 and production has begun in New York. The production has also announced their full lineup of cast members and there are some real cult gems in there. Look below.
We are pleased to announce that S. Craig Zahler’s 2nd feature BRAWL IN CELL BLOCK 99 is in production in New York City.
In addition to the previously announced casting of Vince Vaughn as “Bradley Thomas” and Jennifer Carpenter as “Lauren Thomas", we can confirm the rumors that Don Johnson is indeed now officially part of our film in the bad ass role of “Warden Tuggs”. Tuggs is going to make Bradley’s life absolutely miserable during his stay at Red Leaf Prison.
Zahler's script centers on a former boxer (Vaughn) whose life is crumbling: He loses his job as an auto mechanic and his troubled marriage is about to expire. At this crossroads in his life, he feels that he has no better option than to work for an old buddy as a drug courier. This vocation improves his situation until the day he finds himself in a gunfight between a group of police officers and his own ruthless allies. When the smoke clears, the man finds himself in prison in a no-win situation as his enemies force him to commit acts of violence that turn the place into a savage battleground.
Beyond these three actors, we are also happy to report that we have added several other cast members:
- Udo Kier as “The Placid Man”, a truly evil specimen determined to hurt Bradley’s family
- Dion Mucciacito as “Eleazar”, a drug lord hellbent on revenge.
- Geno Segers as “Roman”, Eleazar’s top muscle (Geno played “Boar Tusks” troglodyte in BONE TOMAHAWK)
- Mustafa Shakir as “Andre”, one of the head prison guards (Mustafa is killing it right now on HBO’s The Night Of and will be in the upcoming HBO show The Deuce)
- Marc Blucas as “Gil”, a compatriot of Bradley’s who hires him to run drugs
- Tom Guiry as “Wilson”, another one of the head prison guards
- Fred Melamed as “Mr Irving”, the first face Bradley sees when he arrives at prison
- Clark Johnson as “Detective Watkins”
- Devon Windsor as “Jill”
BRAWL will be produced by Caliber Media’s Dallas Sonnier and Jack Heller, the same producing team that worked with Zahler on BONE TOMAHAWK, which was released in 2015 to rave reviews (89% on Rotten Tomatoes) and garnered two Indie Spirit Award nominations.
XYZ Films is executive producing BRAWL and will also handle worldwide sales on the film. WME Global will rep North American rights.
Of course when you see the mere metion of XYZ Films in a press release we are obliged to tell you that ScreeAnarchy's lord and master Todd Brown is a partner there and other then letting us know this exists had no bearing in it's content.
Do you feel this content is inappropriate or infringes upon your rights? Click here
to report it, or see our DMCA policy