New BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Trailer Puts It All On Show

Editor, Asia; Hong Kong, China (@Marshy00)
New BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE Trailer Puts It All On Show
Normally these big budget franchise movies show us only a taste of what is to come in their trailers, but this latest look at Zack Snyder's Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice wheels out all the major players.

Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne get an awkward introduction courtesy of Lex Luthor; we see Supes and Bats get their first look at Gal Gadot's radiant Wonder Woman; Jeremy Irons has some strong words for his ward as Alfred the butler, and then to top everything off, we see Luthor unearth the corpse of General Zod and turn him into ... (hastily skim-reads the internet for gushing fanboy reactions) ...Doomsday!

Okay, sure. Why not. With every new glimpse of this movie it seems to be getting sillier and sillier. Which could be a good thing. Might be a bad thing. But is most definitely a thing. I remain hopeful, but, you know, Zack Snyder.

Opens 25 March 2016.
BatmanBen AffleckDC ComicsGal GadotHenry CavillJeremy IronsJesse EisenbergLex LuthorMichael ShannonSupermanWonder WomanZack Snyder

More about Batman vs Superman

TiberiusDecember 3, 2015 3:27 AM

IMHO, Zack Snyder is highly underrated. Man of Steel was an incredible movie, a movie about power and struggle and a real enemy! Real threat. A villain that actually was memorable and also underrated. Much better then anything Marvel has put out there. The punches felt real, the destruction felt real because of two Gods clashing. Everyone wants a silly 80s,90s Superman because they are an aging generation full of nostalgic feelings. This is why Marvel is so fucking overrated.

Batman fits Ben Affleck. I love his voice. Henry fells more and more like a Superman, someone who is accepting his power and growing, which is awesome because we saw an insecure God in the first movie. The chemistry is real and I feel the tension between them. Looks like great fun.

S vs B looks promising and I am sure this won't be everything important in the upcoming movie.

Doomsday is a nice Surprise.

The only thing am still not sold is Lex Luthor but I won't judge till I watch the movie.

soupcrusherDecember 3, 2015 9:05 AM

Bruce is basically acting like Luthor in this. Minus the crazed hatred for Superman that makes Luthor compelling as a villain. I think Eisenberg was a decent choice as he was never supposed to physically menacing. But he just seems awkward in this. Kind of like, I dunno, Clark Kent. Atleast if the characters suck you'll get your destruction. Snyder is good laying waste to things.

Todd HarringtonDecember 3, 2015 10:58 AM

Generational vitriol aside, you're a little bit off as it feels like you believe it's only creative choice for its own sake with Disney/Marvel and Warners/DC.

The DC/Zack universe is deliberately designed to target (what I believe is) your age group, roughly 13-30 years old. The goal is to create highly styleized, textually darker movies that appeal to both pre-teen and older Millennial/Gen-Z angst.

With international a fairly predictible return at this point, the decision was to focus on one of the two most frequent US-domestic film going segments -- the other being families -- and try to maximize both (theater) rental and sell-through revenues.

The challenge with this approach is two-fold:

First, while it may allow for (slightly) more complex narrative choices, it nearly eliminates the opportunities (outside of X-Box licenses) to monetize the merchandising streams as well as Marvel can by strategically aiming AROUND your demo and focusing on (admittedly) nostalgic Gen-Xers and -- MUCH more importantly -- their CHILDREN, drawing them in to the toys, sheets, clothes, games, Disney XD cartoon offerings etc etc.

While families with older children -- like mine -- will certainly take their kids to a dark, PG-13 offering, there are MANY who won't and that number is larger than the Gen-Z'ers who bypass more than one Marvel offering.

The second challenge is that they are focusing on the demo most likely to skip theatrical and download illegally from a bit-torrent site.

While the film business is turning into a more niche/demo-focused affair in general, the studios are still "broad casters" and -- as always, imo -- Warners is taking a bigger gamble with their DC features than I would want to take by following this path.

Todd HarringtonDecember 3, 2015 11:04 AM

I may be in the minority here, but I think Eisenberg is a one-note actor and not very good at hitting that note to begin with. I find his/Zack's choices with Lex to be understandable and totally distracting at the same time. But, as Tiberius would rightly note, I'm a nostalgic old f*ck at this point, so what-evs (that's what you kids say these days, right..?)

I agree with Tiberius though on Henry Cavill -- while I think he isn't the star everyone was hoping he might be (thought he was a charisma-sinkhole in MAN FROM UNCLE), I think he is very good in this version of the Superman role.

TiberiusDecember 3, 2015 12:24 PM

Hahaha, not true, I am actually 44 and loved Man of Steel. Was different then previous superhero movies. General Zod was...interesting. I am a sucker for good villains.

DC was always different then Marvel, even if you compare their comic book offerings, you'll see a much, much different tone.

Anything by Vertigo beats in my mind 80% of Marvel stuff. I collect both for a longer period but my tastes always leaned towards DC, French comics, Italian and Japanese. Marvel was predictable and played it safe. Was boring as hell for me.

I don't like the PG-13 rating either.

Thank you for taking the time to reply in such a constructive way man, appreciated.

TiberiusDecember 3, 2015 12:28 PM

I think he is playing a rich kid billionaire who is intelligent, clumsy and goofy (but highly intelligent and dangerous) that in the end becomes a real villain and serious threat. Someone you would never take seriously, take your guard down. When you underestimate your opponent you always get hurt badly. It seems that is how Superman sees him here.

Can't predict, we will see how the movie plays out.

That One GuyDecember 3, 2015 12:36 PM

That was an interesting reveal, but to be honest the trailer felt... odd. It started off slow having that little introductory clip at the beginning but it then gradually turns into the typical fast editing trailer towards the end. Hopefully that's not indicative to the whole movie.

DragonSpikeXIII .December 3, 2015 2:41 PM

The first two teasers/trailers had just the right amount of information, shame that they couldn't resist blowing their load before the movie comes out.

Fub FrankDecember 3, 2015 5:41 PM

Man Of Steel would have been a incredible movie if the script didn't decide to crap itself and go for total destruction of cities along with the narrative. As if we're supposed to believe that no one died in any of that destruction but be emotionally attached to Superman as he doesn't want to kill Zod but has to.

TiberiusDecember 3, 2015 5:49 PM

They stated that people died. A lot of people.

Fub FrankDecember 3, 2015 6:41 PM

Yes, which is my point about the scene where he kills Zod, they try to make it some emotional battle of his morals, but it doesn't work with everything that happened before it.

TiberiusDecember 3, 2015 6:48 PM

Yes and I think that is the point, that the Superman is not perfect, that he is learning and for the first time in his life encountered a real enemy that could actually destroy everything.

I like him being unbalanced, insecure and vulnerable. In my eyes makes him more human and more interesting.

He is a guy that has incredible power but has no idea where and how to use it. The world is big, he can't save everyone.

Gopal NatarajanDecember 3, 2015 8:44 PM

Perhaps it's just the fact that they are probably still cleaning up the production in post, but the sfx on display in the trailers are rather disappointing.

cjohnstonDecember 3, 2015 9:11 PM

U Should Have MORE Up-Votes 4 this .!!!!!
NICELY said, ....AND PERFECT points imho..
.........as i've mentioned before on a few other "film plat-forms", KUDOS ..AND PROPS to Snyder and crew for ultimately (at least thus far from the looks of things) creating characters who are Unique, ...Unexpected, Original, ..and yet.feel Genuine.........

this might seem like a WAYY left-field comparison of sorts *might be too for that matter, lol*; but - first time i viewed this trailer: my overall reaction was akin to what might transpire if i had viewed a streaker while taking in an opera at the met. Surprise, Disbelief, ..Questions GALORE........ ...but given a nice enough "figure" ... 'Trailer." in this case,.. .........which this WAS. I ........LOVED EVERY SINGLE Second of it.. ~ ~ ~ ~ I hope that this made sense.. ........... LOL.

....kinda sorta tying this whole thing in with you're obs. about L.L. and the actor who portrays him. .......i have/had GRAVE concerns about that EXACT same thing (too.). ...but ~ watching him, ..he seems childish...............kinda immature.................................yet VERY Dangerous, Unpredictable, Unstable, and Uneven. ........*kinda like the whole trailer (!) .

*and i HASTEN to add ~ ALL of this IS, IMHO. ...NOT trying to cram/stuff this down ur throat. *or ANYone's ftm..
....and i hope it doesn't appear that way.
~

SO. ..........one final item then...... ..........I'm BONKERZ over MofS too.
.....ANoTHeR film that is alienating as the day is long is Sucker Punch..
*which i also happen to be "in Love" with.

Whatdidya think of that film ??

TiberiusDecember 3, 2015 9:32 PM

Honestly, never understood the hate toward Sucker Punch, it is a unique movie full of metaphors. There is so much more out there to be hated, some really, really bad movies.

I loved it because it does not spoon-feed you. Goes straight into a girls psyche (mind) and goes nuts.

The characters just look flat but if you just sit down and think a little bit more you'll see how multifaceted they are. We forgot to think lately, we just want popcorn and mindless kick to our emotions to make us feel better (it is not necessarily bad, but every movie being like that is bad). Just look at Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy. There is absolutely no sense of adventure in that movie, no sense of real threat and you put a couple jokes and people scream like it's the second coming.

How amazing, wow, incredible, this movie is a masterpiece. I mean, really?

TiberiusDecember 3, 2015 9:36 PM

I also would love to share this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

Deserves more attention.

cjohnstonDecember 3, 2015 10:14 PM

I gotta leave for now ................but ... SHOOT.!!

....more l8tr on tomorrow, if you are willing, ready, and able.

Oh Goo TakDecember 4, 2015 6:55 AM

They should had just done away with the Superman journalist thing.

bricriu .December 4, 2015 12:47 PM

My guess is they're trying to force as much in as possible in order to gain ground on Marvel. Avengers worked out because the groundwork was so expertly laid out over the course of the first 5-6 solo films... This obviously wasn't. It's going to backfire. Calling it now.

Also, did nobody point out to the crew here that Doomsday looks suspiciously like one of Michael Bay's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

That said, I'll admit I got a little jolt of the "Fuck Yeahs!" when they panned back to show Wonder Woman standing there, knowing the shit is officially about to go down...

bricriu .December 4, 2015 12:48 PM

I'll take unpopular internet opinions for $500, Alex...

cjohnstonDecember 4, 2015 10:24 PM

and a-LOT of thozz .'s seem SOOOO obvious..........

~
..going back to youre most recent response and reply................

...... .STANDING OVATION.!!.

...I LOVE films that do NOT, as u mention "spoon feed" the viewer..

*fair warning ~ Fairly MASSIVE MAMMOTH list of - .recommendations ahead.!; ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ..........the likes of: Trance, Predestination, Automata, Black Out, Snowpiercer, Cloud Atlas, How I Live Now, The Congress, Mr. Nobody, A Lonely Place To Die, Renegade (Blueberry), Largo Winch, Largo Winch II, The Good The Bad The Weird, Life of Crime, Cat Run, The Brothers Bloom, Kill Me Three Times, Savages, Dredd, RocknRolla, Enemy, Two Guns, Get the Gringo, ............ ....etc ..etc.
........Not to Mention (.or forget..) SP as well as MofS.

...............SOME of these are a bit more "check-your-brain-at-the-door" than others. ........but all ..are ~ S.TELLAR imo.. .and WELL Worth thinking about and mulling over.
~ ~
....circling BACK then, to Guardians Galaxy..

Funny (- or interesting..) thing. I actually liked Guardians.
(at) least; the other marvel outputs are just about ink blots compared to this one, imo. .....i DID "dig" the "baddies" in this film, i kinda thought that they did pose an actual concern and threat.
...........but -- i certainly (Think.) i get you're drift - as far as the marvel/dc conversation is concerned. ...REALLY. - ...marvel just DOESN'T deal with and or address much if any real life issues, so to speak. ....Guardians, even though i personally DO Dig that one --- IS rather "far out"...
*pardon the pun..

Julia B. DawsonDecember 5, 2015 9:05 AM

I have just getting $ 8765 within one month.I am connected with a business entity that outsource online jobs . I heard about it last year and I have made such great cash . It is great and I am just so happy to have that option ….... Look here for details ...

===>>> Visit Website in my РŔoŦĨĹĔ