Arrow Video Brings Spaghetti Westerns, American Thrillers, Japanese Sci-Fi & More This April
Our friends at Arrow Video continue to deplete my already non-existant retirement fund with their latest annnouncement of new releases for April of 2019.
In this month they'll bring several older films to Blu-ray for the first time as well as a contemporary Japanese sci-fi from a current cult champ, Miike Takashi. See the gallery below for details regarding Richard Friedman's Scared Stiff (US/UK), Riccardo Freda's The Iguana With The Tongue Of Fire (US/UK), Harley Cokeliss' Black Moon Rising (UK), Enzo Castellari's Keoma (US), and Miike Takashi's Terra Formars (US/UK).
NEW UK/US/CA TITLE: Scared Stiff (Blu-ray)
The second feature helmed by Richard Friedman, who went on to direct such genre favourites as Doom Asylum and Phantom of the Mall: Eric’s Revenge
Pre-order in the UK via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2FZf2m9
US links will be live soon!
Release dates: April 22/23
TV star Mary Page Keller (Pretty Little Liars) appears alongside Andrew Stevens (10 to Midnight, The Fury) as a couple terrorised by an age-old curse in this much-underrated late-80s offering from director Richard Friedman.
Keller plays Kate Christopher, a singer who moves into an old colonial mansion with her son and psychologist boyfriend David (Stevens). But when they make a strange and gruesome discovery in the boarded-up attic, it soon becomes clear that the mansion carries with it a dark and blood-stained past – and one that is about to terrorise them in the present.
The second feature helmed by Richard Friedman, who went on to direct such genre favourites as Doom Asylum and Phantom of the Mall: Eric’s Revenge, Scared Stiff (AKA The Masterson Curse) builds to an astonishing practical FX-laden climax sure to please fans of 80s horror.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements
• Original uncompressed Stereo audio
• English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Brand new audio commentary with director Richard Friedman, producer Dan Bacaner and film historian Robert Ehlinger
• Mansion of the Doomed: The Making of Scared Stiff – brand new documentary featuring interviews with Richard Friedman, Dan Bacaner, Robert Ehlinger, actors Andrew Stevens and Joshua Segal, special effects supervisor Tyler Smith and special effects assistants Jerry Macaluso and Barry Anderson
• Brand new interview with composer Billy Barber
• Image Gallery
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring two original artwork options
FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Fully illustrated collector’s booklet with new writing on the film by James Oliver