Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER: First Trailer Dazzles

Managing Editor; Dallas, Texas (@peteramartin)
Guillermo del Toro's THE SHAPE OF WATER: First Trailer Dazzles

'Nuff said. Official synopsis follows:

From master story teller, Guillermo del Toro, comes The Shape of Water - an other-worldly fairy tale, set against the backdrop of Cold War era America circa 1963.

In the hidden high-security government laboratory where she works, lonely Elisa (Sally Hawkins) is trapped in a life of silence and isolation. Elisa's life is changed forever when she and co-worker Zelda (Octavia Spencer) discover a secret classified experiment.

Rounding out the cast are Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Michael Stuhlbarg and Doug Jones.

The Shape of Water opens in theaters on December 8. Right now, that seems a long time away.

Absorb the trailer below.

Doug Jonesguillermo del toroMichael ShannonMichael StuhlbargOctavia SpencerRichard JenkinsSally Hawkins

More about The Shape of Water

YojimboJuly 19, 2017 1:53 PM

Cool beans.
Excellent cast, have loved the Jenkins since Six Feet Under.
MMMMMHHH I wonder what role Doug Jones will be playing? ; )

neuikcJuly 19, 2017 2:50 PM

Went to see Battle for the Planet of the Apes this past weekend, and out of the seven trailers shown, this was the only new one I hadn't seen. Made sitting through 20+ minutes of trailers almost worthwhile.

ManateeAdvocateJuly 19, 2017 3:12 PM

Insta-watch. I could listen to Jenkins recite the phone book. Shannon is a powerhouse of an actor. I can't see how this won't be amazing.

neuikcJuly 19, 2017 3:14 PM

And if Universal was smart, they would have made this their Dark Universe entry for Creature from The Black Lagoon

cjohnstonJuly 19, 2017 3:33 PM

As i stated quite recently over on another talkback; ....i'm. Interested.. Intrigued. .....but rather concerned..
..Some of the cast - Could be a bit ....."EHH.." and; for me -- i'm not really that much of a DelToro guy.. (P. Lab. IS Solid though).

.....also - i inevitably ALWAYS use this http://www.imdb.com/title/t... now as a measuring/ comparison template whenever the topic is science, ..fiction ....+ H20..

YojimboJuly 19, 2017 7:38 PM

That tears it!
I posted about 4 months ago that I reckoned that you were a giant sentient Spider now I think that you are a giant sentient Spider from Mars.
For only a Martian could see the Polish movie The Lure as aquatic based SF.
Surely you have seen the Abyss?
As for del Toro have you watched The Devils Backbone?

Gopal NatarajanJuly 19, 2017 10:44 PM

So is this Ed Sapien's origin story? Del Toro still can't let "Hellboy" go?

cjohnstonJuly 20, 2017 2:42 PM

....i STILL really do Not know dear Sir, WHY You have this idea upon Your mind to be referring to me as an arachnid...lol.. :-)
..that is O.K. though .lol.
~
now that that's out of the way..
..two things then.
a.) what WOULDN'T be aquatic + science + fiction about TheLure.! .???
Mermaids.. ......especially those directly related to piranhas seem "sci" and "fi" to me.. ;-)

....b.)
it does seem i must admit, that i have Not in fact, seem The Devil's Backbone...
..though a little hesitant - about the script, and director.. ..... ..i will take into account your recommendation .! Lol

Peter MartinJuly 20, 2017 3:26 PM

Wow - you got to see a theatrical screening of the 1973 classic with Roddy McDowall? Awesome!

neuikcJuly 20, 2017 3:41 PM

Can we please escape your attempts at conquest in your reply, it's beneath us both - ;P

Peter MartinJuly 20, 2017 3:49 PM

I should rise up in outrage, or demand that we meet at dawn before the war begins but instead I will bid you a good day, sir! -- :D