HIGH KICK GIRL Rina Takeda Battles Dinner In Noboru Iguchi's DEAD SUSHI

HIGH KICK GIRL Rina Takeda Battles Dinner In Noboru Iguchi's DEAD SUSHI
Dinner wants you for dinner.

Cult director Noboru Igushi (Machine Girl, RoboGeisha) has enlisted High Kick Girl star Rina Takeda to play the lead in his latest offering, Dead Sushi. Takeda plays a girl who leaves home to escape the disapproving eye of her father - an overbearing sushi chef - and takes a job at a down and out resort inn. An inn that will soon be infested by evil, undead sushi.

We ran the first trailer for the film a while back and we now have a gallery of ten [UPDATE! We've got six more, bringing the total to sixteen!] stills to show off. Dead Sushi will have its world premiere at the Fantasia Festival in Montreal later this month. Check the stills and trailer below.
Noboru IguchiMakiko IguchiJun TsugitaRina TakedaKentarô ShimazuTakamasa SugaTakashi NishinaActionComedyHorror

More from Around the Web

Visit the official site
Find the film on Facebook
Follow the film on Twitter

More about Dead Sushi

Around the Internet

Ivo BritoJune 4, 2012 5:50 PM

This is the type of movie that I wish that Rina Takeda, get far away.
Oh, well!

Jazz Bebop and Kung FuJune 4, 2012 9:19 PM

I love Rina Takeda. Her talent and screen presence is magnificent. However, I think she sold out on being a part of this film. This genre of weird, over the top, raunchy, wacky Japanese comedies are something that she should be avoiding if she wishes to build her career in a positive direction that is similar to the likes of Jeeja Yanin and Michelle Yeoh.

That being said, I will still watch this strictly for Miss Takeda

Todd BrownJune 4, 2012 10:57 PM

While his movies are certainly campy, Iguchi is a FAR better director than anyone else Takeda has worked with thus far.

Ivo BritoJune 5, 2012 6:43 AM

I have yet to see Karate Girl, and the movie of Seiji Shiba, this last being campy land too, I like Iguchi and the other guys, but, it is too much camp, I think they need to start improving their game.

This is being weird just for the sake of it.
They have great scenes in Tokusastu, tv shows and their movies, but they don't make martial arts movies, Rina Takeda represents a hope in this field, even if High Kick Girl was unbearable, I liked her performance.

But with this she is going sideways!!

AlexJune 6, 2012 9:15 AM

Well said!

By the way Todd, Iguchi and Nishimura are friends, and I work with your friend Andrew Howitt!!

Todd BrownJune 6, 2012 9:49 AM

Very cool! Give Andrew a little pat on the bum from me. He likes that.

fergus1948July 10, 2012 7:13 AM

I sense the Law of Diminishing Returns kicking in...