SANTA SANGRE on 4K UHD Leads Severin Films' April Releases, Let Us All Bathe In The Holy Blood!
Severin Films is not messing around when it comes to their April release slate. Leading the charge is the world 4K UHD premiere of Alejandro Jodorowsky's Mexican surrealist giallo, Santa Sangre.
A brand new 4K restoration approved by the man, himself at his preferred lab in Paris, this UHD promises to make you "Forget Everything You Have Ever Seen" with bold colors and incredible detail. Last year Severin released Santa Sangre for limited theatrical engagements with their own 4K restoration, but this new color grading promises to be even more eye-popping, with Jodorowsky himself even commenting that even he's never seen it look so good. Add to that over eight hours of new and archival features as well as a soundtrack CD curated by original composer Simon Boswell, and this is an incredible looking set that I cannot wait to get my hands on.
in addition to Santa Sangre, Severin are bringing a trio of animal attack exploitation classics to Blu-ray in William Girdler's Grizzly, and Day of the Animals, and the Blu-ray debut of Joe D'Amato's Deep Blood. While the Girdler films have been available previously, Severin have produced brand new extras for these releases while Deep Blood features a 2K scan from the original negative.
Each of these four releases are available for pre-order now from Severin's website, along with a ton of super cool merch and exclusive slipcovers/artwork. Go to this link to place your order! Check out the details and some teaser trailers below for a taste of the madness.
- Audio Commentary with Alejandro Jodorowsky and Journalist Alan Jones
- New Blood - Alejandro Jodorowsky on the restoration of SANTA SANGRE
- Deleted Scenes with Optional Director Commentary
- Theatrical Trailer
- FORGET EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN: The World of Santa Sangre -- Feature length documentary with Co-Writer / Director Alejandro Jodorowsky, Actors Axel Jodorowsky, Blanca Guerra, Thelma Tixou, Sabrina Dennison, Adan Jodorowsky, Elenka Tapia, Teo Tapia, Co-Writer Roberto Leoni, Composer Simon Boswell, Tattoo Designer Sergio Arau and Unit Publicist Greg Day.
- Like A Phoenix - Interview with Producer Claudio Argento
- Holy Blood - Interview with Cinematographer Danielle Nannuzzi
- Mexican Magic - Interview with Executive Producer Angelo Iacono
- The Language of Editing - Interview with Editor Mauro Bonanni
- Innocence in Horror - Interview with Screenwriter Roberto Leoni
- Santa Sangre 30th Anniversary Celebration at Morbido Festival, Mexico City
- Goyo Cárdenas Spree Killer - Documentary on the Real Life Inspiration for SANTA SANGRE
- Jodorowsky 2003 Interview
- Jodorowsky on Stage Q & A
- ECHECK - Adan Jodorowsky Short Film
- Simon Boswell Interviews Jodorowsky
- "Close Your Eyes"- Simon Boswell Music Video