SADAKO VS KAYAKO: Watch The New North American Trailer

SADAKO VS KAYAKO: Watch The New North American Trailer

Japanese horror icons clash in the supremely (and intentionally) silly Sadako vs Kayako, in which the ghosts at the center of The Ring and The Grudge franchises do battle. remember when people were all excited about Freddy vs Jason? This is like that, only with more hair.

Sadako vs Kayako will be available exclusively in North America on Shudder starting January 26th and they've rolled out an exclusive new trailer for the film that you can check out below. Just don't post pictures of Toshio in his underpants on Facebook or they'll ban you. Trust me on this. I know.

ShudderTrailer

More about Sadako vs Kayoko

ZetobeltJanuary 10, 2017 2:46 PM

Freddy vs Jason. Or Alien vs Predator. Or Batman v Superman. ;-)

Todd BrownJanuary 10, 2017 5:37 PM

It has more hair than all of those put together.

ZetobeltJanuary 11, 2017 6:29 AM

And more fun. :-)

Todd BrownJanuary 11, 2017 8:45 AM

Have you seen it? Personally I wish it had a LOT more of the two ghosts going at each other. All the trailers sell it as though that's the major feature of the film but their paths don't actually cross until quite late and the actual confrontation is fairly brief. The trailers over-sell in that regard. And given that the whole thing is built to get you to that point there's surprisingly little in the way of individual Sadako or Kayako kills / scares, either. There's a bunch I liked about it and it's certainly WAY better than any of the recent sequels / spin offs from either franchise but I found it a bit underwhelming from what it could have been. I seem to be the naysayer, though. I know a bunch of people who like it better than me.

ManateeAdvocateJanuary 11, 2017 11:58 AM

I'm really looking forward to having some fun with this one. I know that I shouldn't be, but I am. I love the Ju-on, Ringu and Tomie flicks.

ZetobeltJanuary 11, 2017 12:27 PM

Yes. Obviously a little more ghost-on-ghost wouldn't hurt. But it was a lot better than I expected.
And I like that it is highly faithful to both franchises.

Todd BrownJanuary 11, 2017 1:29 PM

Yeah, very true. They found a really solid way to cross the story lines. And I loved the exorcist. That guy was awesome.

Todd BrownJanuary 11, 2017 1:29 PM

Approach it as a fun bit of popcorn cinema and you'll have a great time.

ManateeAdvocateJanuary 11, 2017 1:52 PM

Will do. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the film with us here in the discussion thread.

ZetobeltJanuary 11, 2017 1:56 PM

Maybe a sequel will have more action / deaths? ;-)

wagnerfilmJanuary 16, 2017 12:39 PM

I was hoping for a ton of goofy popcorn fun with this. And what I got was just pure dreck. Like a bad fan film on YouTube (and I've seen some YouTube fan films that are really quality). Coming from the director of Noroi, the disappointment was real. It didn't even evoke fun, let alone scares. Just sighs of dismay at the wasted opportunity. Much more fun to be had in the live action Assassination Classroom duology.