AFM 2010: Mel Gibson Has A BEAVER

AFM 2010: Mel Gibson Has A BEAVER
Ah, Mel. You may not have a career any more but at least you've still got your beaver.

Hope apparently springs eternal for producers and sales agents Summit Entertainment, the people with the unenviable task of selling Jodie Foster's The Beaver - shot with a pre-scandal Mel Gibson in the lead - that Gibson hasn't completely ruined himself as they've just released preliminary sales art for the film. And, yes, Mel has a beaver.

More from Around the Web

via The Hollywood Reporter

More about The Beaver

Rhythm-XNovember 5, 2010 7:38 PM

That's an amazing teaser poster. Honest question: how much play are Gibson's various recent scandals getting in non-English speaking territories? Will Summit really have that much difficulty selling the rights to this in, say, Japan?

Kurt HalfyardNovember 5, 2010 7:57 PM

I agree, good teaser poster. I can't imagine paying to see this movie, having nothing to do with Gibson and his self-administered controversies, but really, I have no desire to see a Jodie Foster directed movie called 'Beaver.' No, I don't

cuckooNovember 6, 2010 10:31 AM

"Amazing"? Am I missing something about this poster? Aside from all of Gibson's very public anti-semitism, alcoholism, misogyny, religious whackery and genreal dementia, what I see before me is a really cheap and sloppy poster.

J HurtadoNovember 6, 2010 10:59 AM

I think the poster is terrible.

ZOMBOID79November 6, 2010 1:05 PM

Should be good. Jodi Foster is quality..and attractive. I'd pay to see her beaver

Rhythm-XNovember 6, 2010 2:16 PM

"Am I missing something about this poster? Aside from all of Gibson's very public anti-semitism, alcoholism, misogyny, religious whackery and genreal dementia,"

Please point out to me the misogynistic, anti-semitic, and wacky religious aspects of the poster. Not of the actor portraying the character pictured on the poster, but on the poster itself. I'll be waiting. As for lumping in alcoholism with anti-semitism and misogyny - it says a lot about you, as does your omission of his blatant racism from your boring laundry list of awful things everyone already knows he did. I'll acknowledge elements of general dementia (there's a prescription cream for genreal dementia you can look into if necessary) on the poster for a film about a man who communicates via a beaver puppet.

Cheap? Sloppy? Is it just not enough Photoshop lens flares or disembodied floating heads for your taste? Maybe it needs the title in some all-caps cherry red ultra bold sans-serif font that just screams "hilarious!!!" to mouthbreathers at the mall. This poster is the opposite of sloppy. It's simple and yet it conveys a significant amount of information about the films's premise. Do you work for the Weinstein Company, or perhaps Sony? It would explain a great deal.

cuckooNovember 6, 2010 4:57 PM

Wow, you seemed to have taken my reply rather personally. Perhaps it's time for a walk outside for some fresh air?

toro_roNovember 7, 2010 5:59 AM

I want to see this movie :)

plissken2013November 8, 2010 3:01 PM

Anti-semitism...

Why do Jews have a special name for racism against them? And don't break my balls with the holocaust...(don't worry, I don't deny it happened...).

Anti-semitism is already a racist term, by the way, because it makes a difference with other races. Until a special term is created and used for racism against ALL OTHER RACES, I'll always point that fact.

Now call me a racist, call me an...anti-semitist, if it makes you happy. I'm 100% right and that's enough for me.

inor86November 8, 2010 5:58 PM

LOL why do you sound so arrogant when you're clearly a clueless muppet? Anti-semites are people who dislike the Jews or Judaism, which is a religion and not a race. You can also be anti-muslim (there's actually a particular term for that, for some reason, 'islamophobe'), anti-hindi or what have you. You say "I'll always pont that fact" (which barely makes sense) and that leads me to believe you've made an ass of yourself on several occasions, congratulations on that!

Oh, and I have no desire to see this movie.

arturoNovember 10, 2010 9:39 AM

I hope that when the movie comes out that people will review the film and NOT the man. Yes we all know about his personal problems but lets not forget that Mel Gibson has made some awesome movies in the past..