Jeonju Digital Project DVD Box Set Now Available

jackie-chan
Contributor
Jeonju Digital Project DVD Box Set Now Available

[I'm bouncing this back to the top of the page purely because my set just arrived and it is gorgeous.]

A beautiful-looking boxset put out by the Jeonju International Film Festival showcases the work of filmmakers from Asia, Africa and Europe, and includes both the long-awaited English-subtitled version of Song Il-gon's Magicians as well as Shinya Tsukamoto's Haze and Bong Joon-ho's Influenza. This from Tom Giammarco's Seen in Jeonju:

Every year since the first Jeonju International Film Festival back in 2000, JIFF selects three filmmakers who are given 50 million KRW to create a thirty-minute digital movie. No restrictions are given to the topic or type of film to be made and many of the results have been outstanding. Now, gathered together for the first time, these 27 films from 2000-2008 have been made available in a 915 minutes, 9-disk set.

The DVD will be sold at the JIFF website beginning June 15.

Todd BrownMay 24, 2009 1:13 AM

Sweet lord ... hopefully this means we'll get the feature version of Magicians sometime soona s well but the list of film makers who have done these is stunning. Sogo Ishii, Pen Ek Ratanaruang, Apichatpong Weerasethakul, and on and on and on ... damn, this makes Todd a happy boy.

TheDougMay 24, 2009 1:42 AM

I too am hopeful of acquiring this set as well, once JIFF contacts me on just how to forward the monies to purchase this set from their Korean location.

Ard VijnMay 24, 2009 2:25 AM

Ehm... Jon, you live in Korea, right? Have you got PayPal? ;-)

John AMay 25, 2009 5:03 AM

I sent JIFF a message asking about it and here is their reply.

Thank you for your interest.

Because the changing of money rate, we can't decide the price right now.

From June 15th, we will sell the DVD box set through the jiff website.

If you have any question, please send the e-mail to withjiff@jiff.or.kr.

Best
JIFF publicity team manager

DaygloMay 25, 2009 6:09 AM

Check back with http://eng.jiff.or.kr/ in a few weeks' time to see if it's available for sale. It's the Jeonju Festival English-friendly site.

Collin ArmstrongJune 4, 2009 7:02 PM

Gahahahah... want now.

Ard VijnJune 4, 2009 8:06 PM

Jon Pais, I expect pictures of that set in our "Most Beautiful DVD Boxes" topic ASAP! Understand? :cheese:

Alternatively, I could order this myself I suppose... do they deliver internationally?

Todd BrownJune 4, 2009 8:13 PM

Delivered mine to Canada, no problem. I had to wire them the money, which is a bit of an extra cost, but they shipped really promptly by DHL. Less than a week from payment to delivery and everything arrived in pristine condition.

ddeblasioJuly 2, 2009 5:02 PM

Hello,

I'm very interested in this boxset (mainly for Magicians!), but being today the 2nd of July I still haven't found it on sale on the Jeonju website.

Any ideas, links or info on price?

Thanks!

TheDougJuly 2, 2009 11:54 PM

ddeblasio the link is difficult to find on their webpage so here it is:

As you can see, it's a bit pricey. It also would seem that they only ship this item out at the end of each month. I hope this helps.