Have Your Say: Which Monster Should Be Next?

Associate Editor, Features; Rotterdam, The Netherlands (@ardvark23)
Have Your Say: Which Monster Should Be Next?
As Jordan Vogt-Roberts' Kong: Skull Island is currently raking in the dough worldwide, you can safely assume more creature features are being planned. Indeed, Warner Brothers hasn't made a secret of having a Godzilla sequel AND a Kong vs. Godzilla film in their tentative production schedule. The after-credits sequence in Skull Island even teases these... and a lot more besides!

That means Warner Brothers now has two successful giant creature films in a row, and with two more planned, it may finally have a good shot at getting its own interlocked super-franchise. And THAT is something the studio very much craves after the tremendous financial success of competitor Disney's Marvel films.

So, if Warner Brothers wants to add more giant monsters to its roster... which one should be next? Rodan? Gamera? Mothra? King Ghidorah? Biollante? Jet Jaguar? Dogoro? Hedorah? Gigan? Or one I missed in this mini-list?

Chime in, in the comments below, and HAVE YOUR SAY!!!

More about Have Your Say

More about Godzilla (2014)

omnisemantic1March 14, 2017 12:16 PM

Destoroyah, cause everything about him including his name just cracks me up xD
Also cause he has like half a dozen forms or sth and can sustain enough kaiju action sequences for a 2+ hour long movie ^^

YojimboMarch 14, 2017 12:54 PM

I don't mind which monster shows up as long as Godzuki makes his major motion picture debut.

ZetobeltMarch 14, 2017 1:33 PM

For western audience, Rodan would be a safe bet.

ZetobeltMarch 14, 2017 1:36 PM

He already had! In Godzilla Final Wars.

Unflinching_EyeMarch 14, 2017 2:42 PM

A realistic, scary Hedorah please. I thought Rodan, Ghidorah and Mothra had all been more or less confirmed for G 2, which is supposed to be a Destroy All Monsters type of affair?

YojimboMarch 14, 2017 2:49 PM

HA HA HA HA! That was hilarious thank you.
Maybe I should have written modern major motion picture, by my reckoning with Godzillas current scale of size Godzuki would be running with that small van tucked under his arm.

Elytron FrassMarch 14, 2017 5:20 PM

Biollante is one of the best kaiju designs/creature concepts to go up against Godzilla, the film however isn't so good. I'd really like to see that creature get a second chance on screen. Also, if they plan it out correctly either jet jaguar or mecha godzilla could have standalone films that eventually tie into a shared monsterverse movie somewhere down the line.

ManateeAdvocateMarch 14, 2017 6:33 PM

Brilliant design. Would love to see it in a good film too.

angriestMarch 14, 2017 9:03 PM

I worry about an American film tackling Mothra, because they will almost certainly dump the singing fairies, and Mothra without singing fairies cheering it on would destroy much of the charm of the character.

Lindsey WalshMarch 14, 2017 11:48 PM

I was paid $104k last year by freelancing from my house a­­n­­d I manage that by work­ing part time f­o­r 3+ hours on daily basis. I used a business model I was introduced by this website i found online and I am so excited that i was able to make so much extra income. It's newbie-friendly a­­n­­d I'm just so thankful that I found out about this. Check out what I did... http://gee.su/amRJB

sadsa

Ard VijnMarch 15, 2017 10:57 AM

I can only hope! KONG: SKULL ISLAND sure seems to point in that direction in its last minute.

Ard VijnMarch 15, 2017 10:58 AM

Over on our Facebook page, David Reichert mentions BIG MAN JAPAN, and now I cannot stop laughing!

ZetobeltMarch 15, 2017 1:30 PM

In the movie keeps growing larger and larger. ;-)

PAhiphopFANApril 3, 2017 7:49 AM

Here is a petition to have Gamera added to Legendary's Godzilla MonsterVerse. Please sign and share!