Have Your Say: IMDb Is About To Delete Its Message Boards

Associate Editor, Features; Rotterdam, The Netherlands (@ardvark23)
Have Your Say: IMDb Is About To Delete Its Message Boards
This weekend I was looking up something in the Internet Movie Database over on www.IMDb.com, and got distracted by a question in a message board. Intrigued and amused I started reading it, and as these things go I got even more distracted and started browsing the different topics for a while. But then I noticed the message above, which was on top of each and every message board page.

So yeah, one week from now all those message boards will be gone...

Mentioning this to friends on social media spawned a small debate. Many said "Good riddance", stating that those boards had become a vile mess and had no business being there in the first place, as IMDb is a reference website, an encyclopaedia of sorts. Others said it was yet another discussion forum being shut down, never a good thing, and part of the dismantling of the Internet as a conversation platform.

Therefore I'm sorry for those who wanted a Valentine's Day topic, but this is by far a more interesting question for this week. Is the deletion of IMDB's message boards a good thing or a bad thing, and why?

Chime in, in the comments below, and HAVE YOUR SAY!

IMDb

More about Have Your Say

YojimboFebruary 14, 2017 10:22 AM

I never knew they existed until reports of their cancellation.
"Others said it was yet another discussion forum being shut down, never a good thing, and part of the dismantling of the Internet as a conversation platform."
Is there some concerted effort that I do not know about that has this goal in mind?

omnisemantic1February 14, 2017 10:32 AM

Unlikely :)
Anyway, I've been on these boards since 2002 and while initially it was a great place to chat about film, I wouldn't go anywhere near it for years now.
IMDB are doing the right thing.

rnlolFebruary 14, 2017 10:58 AM

What is the real reason behind it though? Those boards must drive huge traffic to the site, and they've been there forever, it's not like it's an experiment that didn't pan out. So why have they suddenly decided to get rid of them?

Niels MatthijsFebruary 14, 2017 10:59 AM

It's not a concerted effort, but it's an ongoing trend. With the rise of "social platforms", the rise of forum/comment spam and the lack of good moderation, it's a lot easier to just close off user comments. Especially when a site gets bought by a company (IMDb = Amazon), because these companies don't want to invest in a healthy community. Those are benefits with little ROI, but with a lot of worth for users.

The problem (I'm one of those "others" mentioned) is that social platforms are a very poor substitute. They're not made for discussions (small line length, incomplete comment threads, easier interaction patterns, ...), instead they focus on lazy action rather than interaction (just like and share or emoticon away, preferable with a single click).

Slowly the places where you can actually type more than a paragraph of text and not get looked at funny are going away, and that's a big shame. The fact that the IMDb boards where a complete hellhole don't change that.

Niels MatthijsFebruary 14, 2017 11:00 AM

Negativity (trolls), no incentive to put decent moderation on it because it doesn't serve Amazon's ROI. Somehow they're aiming to make money off of IMDb and it's not through a healthy user community, so it gets ditched because companies don't really care about consumers when it doesn't make the money.

holborneFebruary 14, 2017 11:07 AM

I think imdb definitely made the right decision. While some of the message boards -- mainly the ones for foreign and indie films -- are a good place to discuss movies or ask questions about plot points, most of them have turned into the standard internet comments section, overrun by trolls, misogynists, and plain old morons. On the whole, good riddance.

rnlolFebruary 14, 2017 11:08 AM

I find it hard to believe that they've all of a sudden decided that there are too many trolls. And I also find it hard to believe that the traffic they'll lose by deleting their message boards will be offset by the traffic they'll gain by removing the background negativity - do people actually avoid using IMDb for reference purposes because of the negativity of their message board community? I doubt it. But there *are* a lot of people who use IMDb primarily as a discussion platform. Surely this will only reduce the site's traffic overall (and therefore Amazon's revenue stream).

Niels MatthijsFebruary 14, 2017 11:26 AM

It's just "brand" stuff. It's why Facebook only had "like" for years and doesn't allow for too much negativity on their site. They want their "social platform" to be a happy, inspiring place that people like to visit (who cares that it doesn't reflect reality in the slightest). Will it actually affect IMDb's bottom line? Maybe not, but Amazon doesn't want to become the next Twitter (which does have an image problem with abuse and trolling).

It's probably not "all of a sudden either". I'm sure they've been monitoring traffic for a while. Because of the trolling and lack of moderation it's probably in decline, so they finally decided to get rid of it. Just a bit of clean-up that limits the risk of brand tarnish and shouldn't give them too much push-back because it was a vile place to begin with.

Even so, as someone who likes to discuss film, it becomes increasingly hard to find other people to talk to (in an online community sense). Facebook or Twitter clearly aren't any worthwhile alternatives and forums are a dying breed.

Person513890February 14, 2017 11:40 AM

Its a terrible idea, it makes the website boring and almost useless in terms of interaction and intellectual activity, and makes another website a lifeless corporate shell of nothingness. Negativity, "morons", and all...are part of life. I go on there and it is actually fun to read the stupidity that some people say. It is part of life to know that there are people who have no clue what a good movie is and those people have dollars too and sway things in the industry via what they consume and do not consume. To just get rid of it completely because some people are uninformed, or even downright rude on the internet is a poor excuse. The real reason they are actually doing it, is money. If the trolls made them money they would keep those boards running 24/7 for the next 100 years. Anyway, so a convenient solution allows them to seem as if they are improving something when it is really just an excuse to not have to worry about something that doesn't really make them any money (but costs very little) Shame on Amazon, and shame on Col Needham who founded the site and has apparently lost his way. IMDB is intellectually dead if they do not reinstate at least some type of message boards in the near future... Having no discussion because some of it is "uncomfortable" or not what you want to hear is not what democracy is about, nor what the website initially was about....corporatization of the internet continues and I will not be supporting IMDB.com until they come up with an amenable alternative.

Person513890February 14, 2017 11:48 AM

$$$. Amazon bought IMDB so they could link all their amazon prime films for rent right on IMDB when people look up a movie. That is all Amazon really cares about with IMDB. Instant profits from having a direct link right on IMDB do their streaming service. Anything beyond that that doesn't make them money...they do not care. and Col Needham the guy who founded it in his house years ago must be making enough now as a Vice President of Amazon as part of the deal that he just doesn't care anymore either, otherwise he should have insisted they keep them and update them or moderate them which wouldn't cost much money in the grand scheme of things. The bottom line is money, not making it "better" for people, there are lots of people who WANT AND USE THE MESSAGE BOARDS ALL THE TIME. Just getting rid of them is purely a way for them to get rid of a minor headache that costs about 5 cents to maintain and makes them little money. The website will be worse without it, not better, as some discussion, even in varying forms is better than no discussion at all. That is more like a dictatorship/oligarchy than democracy, and it is not what film is about. I will not be supporting Amazon or IMDB until they find a suitable replacement for the message boards.

Ben UmsteadFebruary 14, 2017 12:41 PM

Back when I was a teenager in the late 90s the IMDb message board was, along with JediNews, TheForce.net FBTB and AICN, one of a few places I sought conversation about and around movies (and also Star Wars and LEGO). While I never cultivated a community at any of these boards other than FBTB I certainly valued their presence. By the mid aughts I had mostly moved away from these message boards, opting for a community that had grown up around the defunct YMDb. But gosh did they provide a place for me to hone my communication abilities, my passions, my curiosities. IMDb dismantling their boards makes me wonder about the adolescents of today and where they can go for a varied experience honing their interests and conversation skills.

As to why it's happening... Niels has pointed out multiple times in this thread Amazon's task of safely branding the site. There's no place like a dystopia that pretends to be a utopia!

Niels MatthijsFebruary 14, 2017 2:00 PM

The right thing would be to modernize the forum and put some moderators on it. Or build a better community that moderates itself.

Kabukiman2337February 14, 2017 2:05 PM

"I find it hard to believe that they've all of a sudden decided that there are too many trolls."

Why do you think it's all of the sudden? Just because it was announced recently doesn't mean it hasn't been in the works for a while with them.

rnlolFebruary 14, 2017 2:40 PM

I don't mean overnight, but 'all of a sudden' relative to the 19 years that Amazon has owned IMDb and its message boards, which have always been poorly moderated and somewhat toxic.

rnlolFebruary 14, 2017 2:46 PM

They bought it in 1998 and kept the message boards up for 19 years. I'm wondering, why now and for what purpose (and I don't see how taking down the boards will increase Amazon's revenue from IMDb, seems the opposite).

Susan GriffinFebruary 14, 2017 3:09 PM

There is no other site that gives users the ability to address specific movies/tv/actors the way IMDB does. I've been using the boards since early '99 and find them to be an invaluable tool. I think shutting them down is a wrong move. And for those who say the trolls are to blame; trolls are everywhere on the internet. Anyone who can't deal with trolls probably shouldn't be online.

RisingsonFebruary 14, 2017 3:49 PM

Frankly, there is a point where it is impossible to moderate.Impossible. When we talk about trolls we talk about something that always win, that are very well organized, that you cannot prevent. And when we are talking abou negativity we are talking about white supremacist messages all over the site with every excuse, for example.

I love the message boards. I think it's a great idea to close them. Hello everyone.

Kabukiman2337February 14, 2017 4:14 PM

Fair enough, I misunderstood.

cjohnstonFebruary 14, 2017 4:58 PM

I for one find it rather unfortunate..
...My only complaint (which I believe there are "shades" of this articulated here, above and below); revolves around some of the users.... ...which is one of the reasons I've "haunted" this place for quite awhile now..
...I think as far as "civility" of those using and participating in such a "medium".... - that DOES kinda go with the territory imho..
- - -
Seems blatantly and painfully obvious at times; but ~ it's cool to volley back and forth about topics, express (differing) opinions; disagree with others from time to time, and even every once in a while be a little outspoken.. .*in a Professional and Courteous manner.
But that's no grounds for reason (*ouch...) to be rude, irreverent, obscene, and or disrespectful - to other users; and/or to the very scribes and reviewers themselves who take the time to put forth in writing and print their own unique individual views upon any number of cinematic topics...

Niels MatthijsFebruary 14, 2017 6:24 PM

There comes a time when moderation is not a valid option anymore (without taking a fresh start), but letting it comes as far as it did was also a conscious decision. If they'd been serious about the forum, a healthy community + strict and fair moderation are a very good deterrent against trolls*.

* trolls being people out to irritate others, not people with a very different opinion. Those two are often confused nowadays.

Fzoul CmbylFebruary 14, 2017 6:59 PM

Totally agree with this, especially the *

David GoodingFebruary 14, 2017 9:12 PM

@nielsmatthijs:disqus pretty much hits it on the head:
"It's just "brand" stuff [i.e., stuff that we're all going to have to get used to during the great "media consolidation" that is going on now]. It's why Facebook only had "like" for [a few] years and doesn't allow for too much negativity on their site. They want their "social platform" to be a happy, inspiring place that people like to visit (who cares that it doesn't reflect reality in the slightest). [EXTRA POINTS FOR THAT! LOL! BUT WE DO STILL HAVE YOUTUBE . . .] Will it actually affect IMDb's bottom line? Maybe not, but Amazon doesn't want to become the next Twitter (which does have an image problem with abuse and trolling) [MUCH OF IT CREATED BY CELEBRITIES/ELECTED OFFICIALS]."

But . . . as a former mod at HP (before they started doing it in-house), I don't understand why some "platforms" have such a hard time moderating comments, whereas other sites seem to do it well? Disqus seems to do it well . . .

Joel DouglasFebruary 15, 2017 12:15 AM

I profited 104 thousand dollars previous year by doing an on-line job from home a­­n­­d I was able to do it by working part-time f­o­r several h /daily. I followed an earning opportunity I came across online and I am excited that I was able to earn so much extra income. It's newbie friendly a­n­d I'm just so happy that i learned about it. This is what i did...http://statictab.com/gpfvgtj

Michael LangFebruary 15, 2017 9:59 AM

A true moderate.

DrJonFebruary 15, 2017 3:27 PM

There was a huge amount of crap there, but it was also the best place to ask questions about movies... by a long way. Don't understand some plot twist? You will get the answer there. Now you're probably out of luck (although as Amazon will already have your money for the movie at that point maybe they won't care).

RRozsaFebruary 15, 2017 5:05 PM

Every now and then I will find my own opinion changed by something someone pointed out in a thread, which makes the movies even more enjoyable. Sure, there are always some Trolls, but over the years there has been a wealth of information gathered, including other versions of the movie, how to get a copy, and little known facts that others are privy to. My life will actually be quite a bit different on a daily basis due to the loss of the comment boards.

RRozsaFebruary 15, 2017 5:06 PM

Well said!

RRozsaFebruary 15, 2017 5:09 PM

I could not disagree with you more. But at least here is a forum for me to say that. At IMDB, it will be impossible to have a give-and-take on varying viewpoints anymore, or even to be able to read what others have said over the past years. I cannot express how much I hate this decision.

RRozsaFebruary 15, 2017 5:12 PM

I still use it multiple times every week. In fact, it is second nature for me to go to IMDB when I begin watching ANY movie, and go to the message board to see what sort of questions others had, and to see what sort of plot points I may have missed even though I have seen the movie dozens of times. I can scroll past the trolls, and go to the messages I am interested in. This is such a sad development.

RRozsaFebruary 15, 2017 5:13 PM

They can at least shut down the board from new messages, but leave the remaining messages in an archived form for posterity. Comments made back in 2007 are just as relevant for a movie as ones which are freshly posted.

RRozsaFebruary 15, 2017 5:17 PM

Case in point: I was recently watching "Night of the Hunter", for about the umpteenth time. When I saw Lillian Gish talk about "picking a switch" (for spanking one of the kids), I couldn't wait to get to the IMDB comment boards to see how the different generations of viewers regarded the topic of corporal punishment in movies. It was both enlightening and entertaining to see the enormous gap between the views. What other forum can you run to and get that sort of debate when watching old movies? None. If I just want the cast and the plot, I'll go to Wikipedia.

Paul MFebruary 15, 2017 6:30 PM

Disquieting to see the message boards go, although with the confirmation of armies of paid shills out there as well as all the trolls and bots... still it seems IMDB is about to cancel one of its most useful features. I haven't posted to the boards much, but have enjoyed reading them from the beginning. Recently I had a historical question while watching HBO's Rome and couldn't find the answer after hours of online searching. I asked on the message board and the answer was posted within a week or two. Not impressed with the direction IMDB is going, not at all.

Toruk_MaktoFebruary 15, 2017 7:30 PM

That's fine. Just means it will be easier for people like me who are creating new platforms for film/entertainment geeks to congregate. If IMDB doesn't want the traffic, we'll certainly oblige.

RussAgent007February 16, 2017 5:43 AM

Hello IMDb users,

we created a petition to keep the IMDb Message Boards running after the 20th February because we firmly believe that IMDb was the only online community where we could talk about ANY film or ANY tv show. So without IMDb there won't be a place to discuss classic films or upcoming ones. We know about the troll issue but the clear majority have had intelligent conversations with each other and we can't let a few rotten apples ruin our desire to talk film!

Consider signing and sharing the petition if you agree with us! Thank you.

Greg WalkoFebruary 16, 2017 10:05 AM

Niels, you scored a bulls eye with your comments. Recently a six sentence text I sent caused great distress to the receiver who replied, "I'm not going to read ALL this." The culture continues its march toward anti.intellectualism.

Greg WalkoFebruary 16, 2017 10:22 AM

Person513890, I have to agree with you. At first I thought it was a good idea after reading the moronic nonsense and constant name calling. But as Niels posted, the alternatives are ridiculous...two sentence posts, emoticons.
Your well thought out reply would require too big of an effort to get through for many Insta-featherweights.

cjohnstonFebruary 16, 2017 5:26 PM

True that.
~ ~ ~
i must admit; i'm not sure, that i've actually HAD my own opinions of film(s) "exceeded" by others..
(tempering that statement though. ..this IS mostly likely hubris however - lounging around in the background *slightly out-of-focus* licking itself..
~ ~
i HAVE seen (of late) a couple titles that have undeniably Exceeded my expectations...
Passengers
War On Everyone
and
The Space Between Us, ..in particular (..off-hand...)

The Guy Next DoorFebruary 16, 2017 5:27 PM

I will miss the boards big time

Peace and Freedom GuyFebruary 16, 2017 10:33 PM

Trolls are everywhere on the net. If people want to avoid them perhaps they should stay off the internet.

Dan ChallisFebruary 17, 2017 4:56 AM

Yes there were a lot of idiots, but there was also a lot of great conversation going on. Particularly on the boards for older films. The newer films were where the trolls mostly gravitated, and the increased traffic there meant an increase in random IMDb riffraff who could often act stupid. But it was the best movie forum on the internet. There's no other place like it, where just about every film known to man had its own forum. Fans of such crappy/cult films as Halloween III, Fletch Lives, Moonraker or whatever could discuss those films in their own dedicated forums. For anybody who likes to talk to other film fans its terrible news.

jlelandFebruary 17, 2017 8:58 AM

Much more misinformation than fact, advertising for illegal downloads, racist hate and misogyny throughout. Good riddance. Maybe it will force the 10% who care out of their parents basements. (But probably not).

Movie PanelsFebruary 17, 2017 12:09 PM

It's a shame that a company like Amazon could not keep up to date and handle it the right way and there are a lot of honest movie lovers who used to find the message boards useful: https://twitter.com/search?src...

We understand that it might be about priorities, so, as tech guys and movie enthusiasts, we started planning http://moviepanels.com?sa , a smart platform for movie lovers to share their views and insights on cinema related topics like movies, actors, directors, sound, VFX etc.

Empowered by innovative technology and social engineering like Natural Language Processing, Semantic Web we are able to make the message boards a civil and slick experience that focuses on share and ideas exchange.

holborneFebruary 17, 2017 1:37 PM

Kind of misses the point in a rather dramatic fashion, but rock on, dude!

skywalkr2February 17, 2017 2:57 PM

I will have literally no reason to go on imdb anymore.

MrMaxwellFebruary 17, 2017 5:50 PM

I often used the IMDb message boards to ask questions. The message boards were fun for me. I just ignored the trolls. Unless you monitor message boards 24/7, you get trolls. That's the nature of the beast. Internet users know how to put up with it. I think they're dumping the message boards because they can't make money off them, and no other.

Matthew RyanFebruary 17, 2017 7:28 PM

I just can't believe it is happening. I spend soooo much time reading the message boards and find them to be overwhelmingly positive. It's not that hard to avoid threads that are obviously trolling or stupid. I have seen so many good films based only on recommendations in the message boards. I usually check them out after watching any movie, and have contributed my own threads on numerous occasions. I'm gutted.

Caro SilvaFebruary 18, 2017 7:33 AM

I've been a member for 12 years; always consulting the boards to get info, feedback, recommendations. Can't believe it, and still I don't understand the real reasons.

Dan ChallisFebruary 18, 2017 4:28 PM

Yeah, that's basically the only reason I ever went there. If I'm just looking for information on a movie I tend to pull up the Wikipedia article on it as it usually has a lot more information. The only time I really use IMDb to look at movie info is if I'm looking to see who played a smaller part in a film as Wikipedia usually only lists the main stars/characters. So I probably won't be on IMDb much unless I happen to need to see a full cast/crew of a movie.

Dan ChallisFebruary 18, 2017 4:39 PM

If you didn't like it you didn't have to go there. One thing I won't miss about IMDb is this sort of ignorance. The people who couldn't fathom the idea that just because they didn't like something doesn't mean it has to be discarded. "I don't like this show... cancel it!!!!". Or maybe just stop watching it if you hate it so much? And if you don't like IMDb just don't go there. There's going to be misinformation, advertising for illegal downloads and racist hate and misogyny just about anywhere you go on the internet. Getting rid of IMDb isn't going to change that. Whether it be IMDb, YouTube's comment section, or anywhere people are able to post their thoughts on the internet there is going to be stupidity. Like this place for example, you were able to find a place to troll without using IMDb.

LOVESCHEAPHOUSESFebruary 18, 2017 9:39 PM

I thought IMDb was great for research.

EnnuiFebruary 19, 2017 7:11 PM

Why not keep them and hire a moderator?! There is garbage, but there are also useful discussions too. I use them for finding similar movies. I'll volunteer to help moderate!

Create post limits, new accounts can only post five times a day and ask one question a day in order to stop trolling. And create an automod that removes spam.

EnnuiFebruary 19, 2017 7:12 PM

I agree that bigotry proliferated, but hiring a moderator or two is really not that hard. I'd do it myself!

Tom KiddFebruary 19, 2017 7:44 PM

I've been a proud user of the IMDb since March, 2005; the message boards, yes, have trolls. But they also have users who impart much thought and information of their own about entertainment. My gut reaction? The current IMDb can't make money off of the message boards. I've now suspicion we'll soon be paying for the privilege of being there next.

AgilisFebruary 19, 2017 11:01 PM

IMDB is an amazing source for all things related to movies and television. The first place I go to after seeing a movie, whether it's new or obscure, is IMDB to read through other's comments for that particular film. If there is a plot or something in a film I don't quite understand, IMDB forums is the first place I will visit to find an explanation.

Mark my words: if IMDB removes their message boards, IMDB.com will become irrelevant because both I and others will simply just search the film or TV show on Google to find any information we require. The message boards is the only reason I went to IMDB.com.

IMDB is making a major mistake they will absolutely regret.

Ryan SFebruary 20, 2017 4:29 AM

They did have moderators. And they sucked. The moderators were extremely biased and would start deleting constructive debates they disagreed with, and couldn't beat, while leaving a slew of troll posts.

SuCarterFebruary 20, 2017 8:57 AM

It was the trolling. No matter what movie, series or actor you wanted to discuss in came the trolls. It was frustrating and it drove good posters away. It is too bad but I can see IMDb's point of view. It was a great source of information even if you had to pick through the threads using the Ignore option but too often good posters ended up feeding the trolls ignoring the subject's overall thread.

David SmytheFebruary 20, 2017 10:06 AM

It's a shame they have gone. OK, some comments were unhelpful and even vile, but generally there was lots of useful posting. Checking in after seeing a film, particularly if the film left open questions, or had incomprehensible plots was generally insightful. Or even confirming 'was it just me ....?' questions.

It's actually like setting fire to a library. And we know where burning books leads .....

BayowolfFebruary 20, 2017 11:52 AM

Yeah, it leads to Operation Barbarossa; the Russians should worry.

BayowolfFebruary 20, 2017 11:58 AM

That's right. They are winnowing their services down to only IMDb Pro which, of course is a subscription service. This is part of a pattern where the 1% will have all the good stuff and the rest of us will only have crap.

BayowolfFebruary 20, 2017 12:01 PM

BayowolfFebruary 20, 2017 12:03 PM

That is correct: They want to merely free up computer space with which they may use for more profitable purposes (i.e., IMDb Pro).

BayowolfFebruary 20, 2017 12:11 PM

That's right: IMDb is good for looking up, say, the "2nd unit assistant director" or some such but Wikipedia is easier to use for most information. Unless the movie is just-released.

DaiseymaeFebruary 20, 2017 12:36 PM

I was a member for 12 years, and I am really going to miss the boards. I will going to the Turner Classic Movies site instead.

DaiseymaeFebruary 20, 2017 12:38 PM

Turner Classic Films is a good site to discuss films.

DaiseymaeFebruary 20, 2017 12:41 PM

Having been an imdb.com member for nearly 12 years, I guess I will go to the Turner Classic Films site to discuss film. I was also a contributor. The contributor board is gone, and you can no longer talk to the administrators. Why bother?

Sprezz AturaFebruary 20, 2017 1:13 PM

Ah! Mister Challis! Or should I say "Doctor Challis". I will miss the Halloween III board. Especially when it is 8 more days til Halloween. When IMDb first introduced their Emojis, I told the story of Halloween III on the board using only lines of Emojis. It went over pretty well. I did a similar posting on the equally amusing Karate Kid board. I forgot to visit the Karate Kid boards prior to IMDb killing the boards.

This IMDb boards were great. A lot of fun and interesting insight on just about any movie you could think up. And a lot of nice people and varied personalities on the boards like "Music General" and "Food & Drink". It's too bad the boards are gone. But, time to find somewhere else I suppose.

Johnny HillFebruary 20, 2017 2:03 PM

Sad it's gone (lastnight), but it was plagued by moron trolls and bigots. Why those Imdb owning idiots couldn't designate moderators though, I dunno?

Brett PickFebruary 20, 2017 4:07 PM

imdb didn't have message boards until 2001.

Ryan CorradoFebruary 20, 2017 4:11 PM

IMHO, They were alright, yes, you would get a thousand trolls everywhere, yes there was a lot of spam, but it also had topics which were helpful to sometimes find a deeper meaning to a movie or even suggest other movies which, while not that well known (their rating system is awful), later became some of my top pics for a rainy evening. Also there was a funny side to them, laughing from some of the cheesy movie scenes with topics like "a 100 things u learned from ... " and it was more or less a community, which shared information. So just wiping it out definetly wasn't a good choice, I'd say they will probably bring something back like this in the future, maybe more moderated, but all the topics which were hot at the time when the movies came out, most likely won't be thrown back in.

rnlolFebruary 20, 2017 4:15 PM

OK. So 16 years. Hardly affects the point I'm making.

Mark MurphyFebruary 20, 2017 4:39 PM

They are letting the trolls win.

Jake FolleyFebruary 20, 2017 5:17 PM

They tried shutting down speech by deleting posts... they failed! Now they have deleted the message boards... they failed!

People will just migrate to a new movie site, IMDB will slowly die off like the SJW craphole that it is. Just another tool of global Zionism.

Jake FolleyFebruary 20, 2017 5:20 PM

You're a braindead fascist.

Jake FolleyFebruary 20, 2017 5:24 PM

You're a braindead fascist!

Jake FolleyFebruary 20, 2017 5:27 PM

I'm going to kill one Amazon employee every week until they fix this!

Lee YatesFebruary 20, 2017 6:36 PM

Well, I used the message boards a few times a week for over a decade. The troll thing is pretty much nonsense. I didn't really notice trolls. Of course there were trolls, but I think most people have the ability to ignore that stuff. I know most negative activity would be on pages for big hollywood blockbusters, and I doubt many of those posters were dedicated to the site. Most regulars, people who genuinely love film were elsewhere on the site, discussing lesser known films. So, for us the message boards were a constructive and friendly place. I'd like to add that if we remove trolls, misogynists, bigots, feminists, etc., the internet's going to be an awfully boring place.

BluePedal .February 21, 2017 2:14 AM

But where will I go to find out what other famous person an actor resembles.

Seriously, every message board was the same thing - "Looks like!!!"

What will that dork on the Breaking Bad board do now? Where will he ask his RJ Mitte gimp questions??? It is indeed a sad day.

BodhisafaFebruary 21, 2017 10:58 AM

Folks do we see a pattern here yet?... Big time corporations slowly pushing the mute button on speech. The answer is simple, delete the app and do not visit the site. The only way to hurt them is in the wallet. Sadly, deleted mine last night, and while I'll miss the information from IMDB, 75% of the reason for going there was the discussion boards.

Rob ShveytserFebruary 21, 2017 11:52 PM

So people you deem are bigots are not allowed their say? What differentiates you shutting someone up and the fascists or communists or Nazis doing the same?

Paul MFebruary 22, 2017 5:54 PM

I'm thinking this has more to do with shutting down discussion on movies and documentaries the powers that be don't want you to see more than anything else. Documentaries that question the official narrative in particular have been gaining notoriety and popularity, having a forum where citizens could check and debate facts would be bad business for the global corporate/banking/military/industrial/pharmaceutical/petroleum/entertainment complex.

Nancy PostFebruary 22, 2017 7:29 PM

Yes. things could get bad but I enjoyed (never posted) reading some insightful discussions. Some people posted things about actors that were interesting. Sad to see this go.

Jonathan SiuFebruary 23, 2017 11:05 AM

truth, can't make money on it...remove it

NeccoWaferFebruary 23, 2017 1:54 PM

Unfortunately, IMDb had been linked within several right wing political sites in the past few years, and the mass of political posts just wouldn't disappear. I work in the industry, and have enjoyed discussing films on a professional level for almost twenty years. The boards were a wonderful tool for gathering information of all types. Perhaps, if they had delegated them to IMDb Pro, their pay extension, it might have weeded out the trolls.

This has become an Interet-wide problem for the past few years.

Granted, I cringed whenever I read a "Who should play ____ in the remake?" post. I skipped those, of course. However, I was receiving some very trollish responses recently.

I will always use IMDB. It is a valuable resource. But, indeed, the message boards will be missed.

Elizabeth CokerFebruary 23, 2017 3:21 PM

I agree. I don't understand the reasoning behind it either. Sure, there were some unkind comments, but on the whole, I found the message boards interesting and informative. Sorry to see it go.

BluePotionFebruary 23, 2017 6:03 PM

My life is so annoying now. I go to IMDb and look up a movie and then..........nothing....

BluePotionFebruary 23, 2017 6:05 PM

They have to be noticing a decline in visitors. I rarely go there now. Before I visited several times a day.

tomhaywardFebruary 23, 2017 7:46 PM

"Unfortunately, IMDb had been linked within several right wing political sites". Go fuck yourself, liar.

NeccoWaferFebruary 23, 2017 8:28 PM

I love that you proved my point.

WinstonFebruary 24, 2017 5:50 AM

Late to the party, but I posted on the IMDB message boards for years so I have a perspective. Generally I enjoyed it. But the boards were horribly designed and not moderated at all. A few of the heavily trafficked general boards functioned well and seemed to be moderated better than the rest, such as the Movie Awards Board. But the individual film and actor message boards were a catastrophe.

As an example, a few years back I started posting on the message board of actor whose work I am a fan of. Dozens of other people posted there as well and it was a very active board with a fun discussion. But then the trolls showed up. And by that maybe one or two people and a few sock accounts. And because the boards were so poorly designed these one or two people could disrupt the entire board. They started thread after thread and flooded the board with spam. They even harrassed users on other sites. Hundreds of complaints were made and nothing was done. IMDB did not ban IP addresses, not even for denial of service attacks, so the banned user would just create another account and come back. Did not even have to hide it. The IMDB message boards were by their flawed design and terrible moderation simply way too troll friendly; I mean one person could bring a board used by hundreds to a halt. IMDB literally empowered trolls and sociopaths. And their troll threads would appear on the front page of the message board for days at least. The lesson here is that when you design and operate a message board so poorly that it is completely troll friendly and enabling, trolls will come. IMDB gave trolls the greatest possible bang for the buck, and they showed up.

In the end of you build a troll paradise, they will take advantage. That is what the IMDB message boards became. (Although everyone needed to experience the Miranda Otto board; it was off the rails despite being a very lightly trafficked board because of just one deranged, obsessed user). So while I will miss the IMDB message boards I do understand. But if IMDB had bothered to put any effort into their boards and to have made them even slightly less troll friendly, it would never have come to this. So it goes. Farewell to those who used the boards constructively.

BodhisafaFebruary 24, 2017 9:58 AM

I hope so. They obviously ignored the users, so why continue to support a company like that? I used to go before every movie choice to see the ratings, and maybe read a review or two, and then after the movie//show to discuss with haters & fans alike. There's no real reason to go now, except maybe to see reviews or ratings, but without the traffic the ratings will not be as relevant.

abyx34February 24, 2017 3:01 PM

As IMDb said the reson for permanently deleting it's message boards was "we have concluded that IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority"

I dare to say that now the very IMDb is no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority

IMO IMDb just shoot itself in the balls with a shotgun, by virtually killing all of it's community and user interaction.

Bruce TaylorFebruary 25, 2017 6:47 AM

Sorry, but YOU missed the point. We are not saying that people who aren't trolls should stay off the internet. We are saying that people who can not handle/ignore trolls should.

Ard VijnFebruary 25, 2017 8:03 AM

Now I feel bad for never having seen the IMDB Miranda Otto message board...

NibsFebruary 25, 2017 10:40 AM

He told you to go fuck yourself and that proved IMDb was "linked with right wing political sites"? He's right, you did make that shit up.

Like any other message board on the planet, there are going to be tons of people with opposing political views, from the far left of hippie to the far right of racist douche. That is EVERY website that isn't specifically for one type of political affiliation. IMDb wasn't "linked with" anyone. Also, in case you're new to the internet, you can't even watch a video of a cat taking a nap anymore without it turning into a political debate in the comment section.

I guess that Reddit is a super left wing wacko website, as well as also a super racist far right wing one too?

IMDb deleting their boards because some pussies can' handle other people's opinions, because it hurts their feewings is a stupid ass excuse no matter what your political affiliation.

They deleted it because they can't make money from it and amazon isn't going to pay for moderators on something that isn't going to make them money. It had absolutely nothing to do with them "not seeing it provide useful information".

NeccoWaferFebruary 25, 2017 10:56 AM

Didn't read that, darlin'.

WinstonFebruary 25, 2017 4:22 PM

It was an experience. One person completely descending into madness obsessively trolling the most random target. For years.

BelleFebruary 27, 2017 11:59 AM

I found my way here after going to imdb to check something on the message boards and being totally confused that they'd disappeared. The message board was pretty much the main reason why I went there (so much great info on just "The Shining's" message board alone !) and I probably won't go there much in the future unless it's to read the synopsis for a movie I'm too cheap to go to the theater and see. Damn, I'm really going to miss the people I talked with over there; I've been ill and had no idea they were closing them down and never got to say goodbye or find out where everyone was planning to go :'(
The only other thing that's made me sad like this was.when TWOP went dark.

urbanrockerFebruary 28, 2017 3:22 AM

Typical.

urbanrockerFebruary 28, 2017 3:28 AM

I mean, those "looks like" threads saved me from going crazy dozens of times over the years..

urbanrockerFebruary 28, 2017 3:32 AM

I was a member of the site for 12 years and have discussed and reviewed hundreds if not thousands of films and TV shows, new and old and I have to say, in MY experience, the trolling was the exception, not the rule. MOST of the time, civil, thoughtful discussion could be had. Now, perhaps because I stuck to the boards for specific shows and movies and didn't venture out into the general boards I encountered less of them, but the way IMDB paints it, the whole thing was a cesspool when it certainly wasn't.

That said, if the trolls were so bad, why on earth didn't IMDB actually put an ounce of effort into moderation first because scrapping it all? Why were people allowed to make sock account after sock account and post as much as they wanted?

urbanrockerFebruary 28, 2017 3:37 AM

Also, I find it really interesting that IMDB is virtually getting away with saying they were outsmarted by those darn crafty trolls and few are actually pointing out the absurdity of that claim. I'm to believe a billion dollar company like Amazon
couldn't set a little money aside from proper moderators? Heck, there were thousands of us regulars who had been around for 10+ years who would've been happy to moderate FOR FREE.

I hope no one is taking their troll claim seriously. If they WANTED to get rid of them and solve the problem, they would have. But no, IMDB is just continuing this new and disgusting tradition of major websites silencing their members by closing comment sections. It's a damn shame. I have zero reason to visit the site now as google tells me full cast info without even having to click on the site.

urbanrockerFebruary 28, 2017 3:42 AM

I remember in the early seasons of The Walking Dead - and back when I still watched - the TWD boards would become overrun with trolls (or really more like at most 2-3 people with sock accounts and mental health issues), and IMDB staff did little to nothing about it. It was a wildly popular board (especially during hiatus periods for the show) with new posts every 30 seconds. All it would have taken to get rid of the trolls is a little moderation. But even WITH the trolling, it was one of the most fun message boards I've ever been to with lots of great discussions and humor. Yet IMDB let it rot to hell.

urbanrockerFebruary 28, 2017 3:43 AM

Yes! the "100 things I learned..." threads were hilarious and all in good fun.

urbanrockerFebruary 28, 2017 3:46 AM

I don't think people who want to go to an actor or films page JUST to say n**** and c**n over and over again or make nasty, irrelevant political comments should be "allowed their say". Sorry. That's not what the site was for and they should've taken that elsewhere.

urbanrockerFebruary 28, 2017 3:57 AM

Untrue. The trolls really weren't ubiquitous. Some boards were rife with them I'm sure, but early 60s films? No trolls. Canadian TV shows from the 90s? No trolls. Etc, etc. They COULD HAVE done something about what trolls there actually were, imdb just chose not to, and that was on them.

urbanrockerFebruary 28, 2017 6:19 AM

"There's going to be [.......] just about anywhere you go on the internet."

My problem with that statement is, there are ways in which sites can definitely crack down on the sort of rampant ignorance and trolling one can find, as you rightly said, just about anywhere. IMDB would have done well to have better moderation.

Even simple things like comment voting systems (which often easily hide or remove comments the community feels do not contribute to positive discussion) and a maximum number of posts per day (say, 5-10) for the first X number of weeks without being flagged as a troll or a sock) and more drastically, banning IPs of known trolls would have worked well. It seems for the past 5 or so years IMDB didn't even TRY to moderate and allowed bots to do their bidding. Shameful.

NeccoWaferFebruary 28, 2017 12:02 PM

Hardly.

Daniel LitzMarch 1, 2017 1:04 AM

Not sure if youre familiar with the decaying pussified society of today but you can be called a "bigot" for simply not sharing the same political beliefs. Pussy bullshit b

wiiztecMarch 1, 2017 1:25 PM

Just go to wikipedia for plot

wiiztecMarch 1, 2017 1:25 PM

Is there any other site with a board for every movie?

abyx34March 1, 2017 3:56 PM

People suggesting this one and yes it has a message board for every movie :) https://www.themoviedb.org/

David GoodingMarch 8, 2017 6:45 PM

I agree that we have developed into a bunch of "offended crybabies," but this is really not that complicated. There are still PLENTY of places you can visit online and spew the words "sh*t," "f*ck," "p*ssy," "c*nt," "c*cksucker," "motherf*cker," etc. (can't remember the other of the "7 no-no words") to your heart's content. Amazon just doesn't want anyone to see negative reviews, because it might sway them not to purchase a particular movie, book, etc. It's all about the benjamins. In other words . . . business.

And I have to admit, I WAS getting sick of seeing some bored fanboy/girl starting a "WORST MOVIE EVER" on EVERY SINGLE IMDB THREAD (check it out) . . . didn't matter if it was "Daddy Day Care" or "Shoah."

TRUST ME, Amazon doesn't give a flying f*ck about your "political beliefs" - they have media for sale covering EVERY possible "political belief" on the spectrum . . . all they want is your $$$ - uninfluenced by the bored rantings of said fanboys/girls.

skyway1234March 9, 2017 7:15 AM

The "racist douches" are the Democrats, but nice try.

skyway1234March 9, 2017 7:55 AM

I have been a member of IMDB since 2003 and had written too many messages on the boards to count. I'm a massive movie buff, with my main area of interest being films from the late 1920s to the early 1970s. The first thing I noticed about changes to the information contained in IMDB was the removal of trivia details. When Amazon took over they went through and took out juicy and historical items about the old stars. IMDB used to be a virtual treasure trove of information.

I was ill for three years and was a lifelong Democrat and very far to the Left. When I was sick IMDB played a real part in my day to day existence, because I would watch a film on TCM, then go through and research every actor of interest, looking through the trivia and the message boards. I also watched CNN and one day, after listening to one of the CNN anchors report, I fact checked the news story and discovered CNN was not truthful or accurate in their assertion. If you dig long enough online you can find the truth of almost anything, but most people don't have the time. Cooped up for three years with nothing to do but watch TV and research on my laptop gave me the time to look up lots of interesting facts.

Eventually I began to realize many of the old movie stars were Communist Party members. That was a big eye opener for me. I always thought that Joseph McCarthy was supposed to have been wrong, but it turns out he was onto something. Long after McCarthy was dead the IMDB used to have the history of the communist activity of many of our most cherished actors, directors, and other key people in Hollywood. When you know that a screenwriter was a communist it puts a different spin on the topic if the film seems to have a collectivist tilt.

Old film stars used to be either Democrat or Republican. Hollywood wasn't a town in which only Democrats worked although it is pretty much that way today. Although IMDB lists the political affiliation of film stars, it has taken out most of the information that was once in the trivia that might cast aspersions on old movie stars. Many of the old stars that were on the Left were the children of communist party members and when you knew that information you could connect the dots between them and other communists in Hollywood using IMDB. The more I read, the more I began to realize that there has been a message contained in many of the old films that I didn't really like. IMDB played a part in my gravitation from the Left to the Right and I became a Conservative. I was in no way looking for this to happen - it jumped out from the trivia and message boards of IMDB.

I never had any experiences with trolls on IMDB, although I had written hundreds and hundreds of messages. My opinion is that it became all too much for Amazon to know they were providing a forum for Conservatives to spout off about Meryl Streep and the other film stars who hated Donald Trump. I agree with the people who commented that this stifles free speech. It is very sad that in order to stifle free speech, IMDB has taken down years and years of documentation on Hollywood and it's stars. I remember getting on a message board on several occasions and the grandchild or caretaker of an old actor would be messaging back and forth with the fans, carrying the love from the actor's fans to someone who really loved having the fans care. You could just picture how much it made the day of an elderly actor in their 90s to get questions about a film from the 1940s and what it meant to film buffs to have those questions answered.

Ah, well - it makes no difference to Bezos - it is all about making money, putting out the proper image, and keeping an eye on the future, forgetting about the past.

Zachary BrownMarch 18, 2017 2:29 AM

First of all, thank you sir for this unexpectedly educational outlook on not only message boards in general, but especially message boards about the films we love. I came to this site ready to unload about how much I couldn't stand all the hate speech about young actors trying to create characters, deal with their body types, and how this person is not as hot as that person, etc. However, you have reminded me of a lot of the great discussions that I have experienced here. I will disagree with you only a little bit when I say that some truly nasty and vile things have been expressed on IMDb.com, but I have learned a lot as a film lover and in some cases I have even watched movies with an entirely new perspective just as you write about above, because of these very message boards . It's truly a shame that we can't find a middle ground. I wish you the best in your recovery and I hope that you are more healthy now. My opinion rarely gets altered, and for that I thank you!

mycollectionMarch 20, 2017 2:16 PM

Exactly poster, they should have moved it to imdb pro and gained paying customers by doing so. From people like me who enjoyed the message boards. I learned so much and it was a great place to get recommendations of other movies from actual people. I can scroll past the few trolls without issues. I would have gladly paid an annual fee for access to all the content that could be found in the message boards.

Dan ChallisMarch 21, 2017 12:24 PM

Sure, there were things they could have done better but I wouldn't want the place shut down just because they weren't the best moderators. If you're an adult you shouldn't have a need for a moderator, you just ignore the morons and don't engage the trolls. How was IMDb shameful? They had an ignore option and you had the option not to go there, why should the whole thing be shut down because some people are overly sensitive and need a moderator to hold their hand through life?

Todd BrownMarch 21, 2017 2:04 PM

Sometimes people just get tired of providing a voice to assholes.

Indigo_LeoFanMarch 21, 2017 8:05 PM

Sure, there were some terrible people on there, but that could have been controlled to a degree with better moderation and bannings (IP ban if necessary) of people who get reported too often for their behavior.

Shortly before it shut down I was wanting to inquire about movie props from a particular film. I went there to ask...then saw that message which made it pointless to bother. Where am I to post such questions now? IMDB thinks their Facebook page can make up for the loss of the message boards? Certainly not for what I wanted to post. It would have been nice to ask on a page that actually pertained to the film in question and possibly have it read by someone who'd actually know... rather than asking on a random FB post of theirs where no one will give a rat's behind, nor ask on a regular fan site full of people who don't know any more than I do. (I can't believe they didn't at least archive the existing threads...)

Dan ChallisMarch 21, 2017 8:10 PM

It's Amazon, it's a cost cutting measure (what they do best, it's how they maintain low prices) not some social statement. I don't blame them for making a business decision, I just don't buy into the idea that their message boards closing is somehow a positive thing. Those assholes still have a voice.

ThatSpanishNiggaRamonMarch 30, 2017 3:40 AM

How am I, Spanish Ramon, gonna look up the ending to movie now when I confused about the movie or show. Its a fucked up that they close the shit for we and we cant find answer about confusing endings to see opinion and other peoples perspectection on what the fuck happen. Ramon is sad man, we need to bring a the shit back

beeswaxApril 6, 2017 5:35 AM

Unfortunately the TCM boards are not going to be a place I run to when I want to know what people are saying about a new documentary, or catch up on a missed episode of a TV show, or need help deciphering the subtext of a modern horror movie.

I love classic films as much as any human on the planet but they aren't the only things I watch.

The TCM boards are also very unlikely to have the international visitors who came to the IMDb.

The loss is real.

DaiseymaeApril 6, 2017 6:40 AM

Where can we go? I don't even go to imdb.com anymore. :(

eddie willersApril 6, 2017 8:04 PM

"IMDB played a part in my gravitation from the Left to the Right and I became a Conservative." "My opinion is that it became all too much for Amazon to know they were providing a forum for Conservatives to spout off about Meryl Streep and the other film stars who hated Donald Trump"

You are exactly, 100% right.

I'm sure you have noticed that virtually every liberal site has eliminated comment sections. If their ideas could could stand up to logical debate, they'd welcome opposing opinions. But they can't so they don't.

skyway1234April 7, 2017 1:07 AM

I commented on this thread last month after discovering IMDB boards had disappeared. I have been using Wikipedia to look up films and actors, etc, rather than IMDB and I've found that Wikipedia has quite a bit of interesting information. It isn't set up the way I am accustomed to because of IMDB, but in general there is more information and better, more rounded, discussions of films, their plots and the players. You can click on the names of the actors and go to their pages, as well.

JasonApril 8, 2017 2:29 AM

One of my main reasons for going to IMDb was to see fan reviews, commentary, and discuss fan theories.
This can't happen naturally on social media, it's not meant to serve the same purpose. At minimum they could have converted to a Facebook comments feed like ESPN did a few years ago when they ditched their proprietary message boards for likely similar reasons. There's very little need to visit IMDb now as the message boards were a key differentiator - any marketer with half a brain would know this. You can get trailers on iTunes or YouTube, cast list on Wikipedia, Flixster, or Google, ratings on Rotten Tomatoes and others, theatrical performance on Box Office Mojo (IMDb owns), and pretty much all other info on Wikipedia or through Google search. They really missed the mark removing the boards.

If Amazon / IMDb thinks the message board risks (trolls) were an issue, they're in for a rude awakening when they see their site traffic drop through the floor. They will have a fraction of the ad impressions to offer their brand partners, and the loyalists who their brands want to target will all be researching and engaging on other media sites. Be careful what you wish for, IMDb!

Ard VijnApril 8, 2017 3:39 AM

Interestingly, IMDb's traffic and rating went up in the past month, according to Alexa.com. Bizarre.

BubblesApril 13, 2017 9:12 PM

If it was an issue of bullies, rudeness and trolls, they could have just cracked down on the offenders. I can remember years ago people reporting on abusive users repeatedly only for the offender to not have their insulting attacking comments deleted or have their account suspended ir closed and so they would just keep doing it until everyone was miserable. I don't know if they ever changed the situation because I haven't seriously used their message boards in years, but maybe if they did they could have made it a better environment.

SherylApril 16, 2017 12:10 AM

disappointed; I really looked forward to reviewing the discussions after watching a movie. The discussions made IMDB a one-stop-shop for everything movie related. People asked questions and it often left me with a new perspective of a film. I probably won't use IMDB quite as much. now I will have to search elsewhere (reddit, perhaps) for these discussions.

RoyApril 24, 2017 4:16 AM

Said so perfectly.

WorldlyfigureMay 1, 2017 9:15 AM

My feeling is that IMDB, decided to shut the message board, because many many criticism of films, personality and of certain people. They, IMDB.com, became scared and chose to run to the hills. A very bad move.

Sundel KurvizJune 8, 2017 1:34 PM

message board or forum was basically the 90% of my reasons i went to imdb at all. not even to discuss movie but to see if its worth watching. ratings are reaaaallly misleading. lots of shitty movies have really good rating. but in the forum you could just read headlines and get a picture about what waits ahead if you are going to watch this movie. .................it was a timesaver .........

before they closed the message board i was on imdb site basically every day. i watch lots of movies and message board was really helpful. after they closed message board i have been on this site maybe 2 times. theres just no point to go there. you get the same information (and even more) from wikipedia.

so for me imdb can go and fuck it/themselves ............

Dan ChallisJuly 6, 2017 8:24 PM

It's not even that complicated David. While some people may occasionally purchase a film they've never seen, and some may do so based on the opinions of others (though I imagine they pay more attention to critics than some randoms on IMDb), it wouldn't be a molecule in the bucket of what Amazon rakes in daily. Selling Blu Rays and DVDs isn't even a big part of Amazon's business anymore. People can stream or pirate that stuff, and the stock of films is going down just like CDs did. Same with books, because everybody uses their eReaders these days. It's mostly about toys, electronics and household stuff people are too lazy to go buy at the store. What it boils down to is that Amazon is the cheapest company on Earth, and that's not even a put-down. I work at Amazon and they tell people that at orientation when they start. The idea being that being cheap keeps the prices down, though they don't mention the MASSIVE amount of money they waste on a daily basis. I'm amazed we make so much money given how badly the company is managed but its all about volume and monopoly. So Amazon looked at IMDb, not a huge money-maker (compared to their other ventures) and a source of controversy from people who need their lives moderated, and decided to just do away with a feature that they thought required more spending than benefit. You are right, Amazon does not care at all about politics or people's feelings. If there's a dollar to be made they'll grab for it. At one point they stopped selling Confederate flags because of some small controversy, then once it seemed to have died down they put them right back on sale, more controversy and they took them back off. I'm not sure if we sell regular Confederate flags but they have different variations for sale. Amazon also drug tests their employees for marijuana, all the while selling various drug paraphernalia, marijuana related merchandise and equipment for growing the stuff.

Dan ChallisJuly 7, 2017 2:21 AM

I've got news for you, you're going to run in rampant ignorance from now until the day you die and in real life there isn't going to be a moderator to step in and hold your hand for you. You just have to learn how to ignore it. If you can't do it with a movie message board you're going to have a very angry/stressful life. Which would be a much bigger shame than a poorly moderated message board.