4 clips from the movie 'Kick-Ass' that... well... kick ass... ... ahem.

Associate Editor, News; Toronto, Canada (@Mack_SAnarchy)
4 clips from the movie 'Kick-Ass' that... well... kick ass... ... ahem.

Up until now I haven't heard a thing about the film adaptation of Mark Millar's comic Kick-Ass but four clips were shown at Comic Con last week and they've only just surfaced and I have to say, they're pretty damn funny. Funny and violent. From a visual perspective that is, cause these of course are bootlegged and you really cannot hear a word the actors are saying most of the time. The real pay off comes in the final clip when we get to see the character Hit Girl in action. Aww, isn't she cute and deadly. I mean really deadly. Has anyone read this comic? And good? Thoughts? Conundrums?

The story centers on a high school dweeb named Dave Lizewski who decides to become a superhero even though he has no athletic ability or coordination. Things change when he eventually runs into real bad guys with real weapons. Nicolas Cage will play a former cop who wants to bring down a druglord and has trained his daughter to be a lethal weapon. WorstPreviews

As I have read there is no studio backing this film right now so the chances of seeing this on the big screen other than a director's private night seem to be slim. Perhaps the time spent in SDCC will drum up some interest in this, though which studio is going to take a risk with a superhero movie with this kind of violence in it. Hmmm. Four clips after the break!!!

More from Around the Web

WorstPreviews via TR

delpurgatorioAugust 4, 2009 1:58 AM

matthew vaughn is directing. of course it will hit theaters! :)

Arch StantonAugust 4, 2009 2:21 AM

Matthew Vaughn! I freakin loved Stardust. With him behind this I imagine the whole film is as good as those clips and I want to see it NOW.

And I keep playing that last clip-- so well done, it's like a mash up of Christian Slater's scene from True Romance meets the priest from Dead Alive.

Ben UmsteadAugust 4, 2009 2:30 AM

Never been a big Vaughn fan but color me impressed! Someone is bound to give this some kind of distribution somewhere... but where...

cerealkillerxAugust 4, 2009 3:14 AM

I think it's looks really good so far. My expectations are somewhat lowered, not due to what i saw, but the fact that it was built up so much from everyone's initial reactions and write ups.

Also, it's not nearly as bloody as the comic, but perhaps they plan on adding more in post? It does definitely capture the self aware spirit of the comic so I'm not worried about that.

KizzthizzAugust 4, 2009 3:31 AM

Thanks Andrew! I was at the Con but missed this presentation. People were talking about it and I was hoping someone would post something. "Kick-Ass" looks kick ass!!!! Just one thing....does Knott's Berry Farm know they're sponsering bootleg footage?

warblecroakAugust 4, 2009 5:12 AM

i guess Vaughn wont mind a bit of "bootleg footage" spreading the word.

sounddesignerdanAugust 4, 2009 6:41 AM

In response to cerealkillerx,

Vaughn has said that while the film wouldn't be as bloody as the comic, the film will have "lots of gore" to be done in post.

skinnyboy23August 4, 2009 6:33 PM

This NEEDS to be picked up, I cant imagne it not being released in the theaters.