Clip from THE ENDLESS: What's in the Box?

Associate Editor (@bonnequin)
Clip from THE ENDLESS: What's in the Box?

You could never accuse Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson of laziness. In their third feature film, The Endless, not only do they keep up with their usual jobs of directing/writing/producing/cinematography, but this time, they also star in it. Because they didn'ty already have enough to do. Or they are masochists. Either way, we at ScreenAnarchy are just happy to see what they've got up their sleeves now. And to that end, in anticipation of the world premiere this week at Tribeca Film Festival, the duo have released a clip.

Brothers Justin and Aaron escaped from a strange religious cult as children. Now, a mysterious message from their former 'family' threatens to draw them back in, as signs point to some of the cult's supernatural beliefs possibly being true.

The film seems to follow thematically from their earlier work, which looks at human relationships and individual struggles in the midst of some strange happenings. It appears that all the screenings for the film at Tribeca are currently on rush, so plan to wait in line, because I think this will be worth it. In the meantime, check out the clip below.

More about The Endless

Erik NolanApril 18, 2017 8:30 PM

ⴹɑrn worĸing frοм hσm℮ frᴏʍ two ᴛσ six hrs еѵeᴦγ dαy¸ αռԁ ᶃeτ pаiᑯ in the ᴦange 1ഠΟ0⁃300Օ buckѕ weekןγ. Cheᴄk iτ ᴑᴜt һеre› http://shrty.link/GtNShu

ToryKApril 18, 2017 10:36 PM

What's at the bottom of the lake?! God, I love these guys. Just joined the 21st century and joined Twitter so I could follow folks like them.

Unflinching_EyeApril 19, 2017 2:08 AM

Lovecraftian again?! Hope you Anarchists have someone on hand at Tribeca to bring us a review!

Justin BensonApril 19, 2017 2:53 AM

I second that.

Justin BensonApril 19, 2017 2:54 AM

Thank you! That's rad. I'm just hoping Twitter doesn't become obsolete and I have to learn how to use SnapChat.

FinnfangfoomApril 19, 2017 6:38 AM

And again they more than peaked my interest. I loved Resolution and Spring. As fans of 'cinema fantastique' we often wade through rivers of dreck to unearth gems like these. I don't even think they're genre filmmakers per se. They somehow move within genres and blend them into something that's uniquely voiced. Could this be their third gem? I need six of them to complete my gauntlet...

Unflinching_EyeApril 19, 2017 8:08 AM

Lookin' good! Now if Richard Kuipers could somehow sneak it into this year's Sydney Film Fest (hint hint)

Bobby PierceApril 19, 2017 9:40 AM

FreеӀance frסʍ уour IᎥvιпg roօm fгom 2 to 6 houᴦѕ dɑɪןy¸ and ᶃ℮т paʏᴍeпt iϖ ᴛհe rаngе $Іk-$Ʒᴋ αt tհe eϖd օf еach week. Learϖ more ɑᏏоuᴛ iᴛ heᴦe> http://www.get.lc/YvAOv

ToryKApril 19, 2017 1:15 PM

What the dragon said.

Lucas NolanApril 20, 2017 4:32 AM

ᖴᴦe℮lancе from h०mе fᴦom tѡo tσ ƽi᙮ hrƽ ᏧaɩƖү‚ αnd ѕtaᴦt geτtıпg pɑiԁ av℮rɑging 1-Ʒ thᴑᴜsαnᏧ buᴄks ԝ℮℮kly۰ ᎡeаᏧ м૦ᴦe iᴨf౦ σn ſo|lᴏwiոg աеbsite http://v15.uk/MWBcH

Justin BensonApril 20, 2017 2:20 PM

Well thank you very much. Very cool. And we're aiming for the small target of gem #3.

FinnfangfoomApril 20, 2017 6:03 PM

No, thank YOU very much, for sharing your talent, so that we, the undeserving public, can enjoy your work. I know we all bitch and moan about a lot of the films we love to consume, but without you guys we'd all be bored and miserable.