13 SINS: Red Band Trailer For The 13 BELOVED Remake Gets Monstrous

U.S. Editor; Los Angeles, California (@benumstead)
13 SINS: Red Band Trailer For The 13 BELOVED Remake Gets Monstrous
Plenty of ScreenAnarchy readers are, I am sure, aware of the Thai horror series that started with 13 Beloved. The film placed a young and desperate man in the hot seat of an underground, and very dangerous, reality game show. I've never seen the original myself, but from what I understand it had a sense of humor about itself.

From the looks of things in this trailer, it appears that Daniel Stamm's English-language remake does not. But I do actually appreciate its seriousness. It looks less like a Saw or Hostel, per se, and more in the vein of a Stephen King or Richard Matheson story. Ron Perlman does his thing, and I certainly think Mark Webber has more down-to-earth charm than many other everyman types currently out there.

Take a look for yourself below.

13 Sins is available On Demand in the states starting March 14, and in select theaters April 18.

13 beloved13 sins
ZetoMarch 6, 2014 8:07 PM

Another pointless remake............

Todd BrownMarch 7, 2014 8:06 AM

Sure. For the thousand or so people who have seen the original in the US.

ZetoMarch 7, 2014 3:08 PM

Another pointless remake............ for people too lazy to read subtitles.

Todd BrownMarch 7, 2014 3:43 PM

Which is, bluntly, a very arrogant response delivered from a place of faux-moral superiority.

People watch movies dominantly for entertainment / enjoyment. Who are you to judge them for what they do or don't like? Not everyone's taste needs to be the same as yours.

Hanajun ChungMarch 7, 2014 5:55 PM

I'm really interested in seeing the direction they take this film. As much as I enjoyed 13 Beloved, the ending was kind of weak for me.

ZetoMarch 7, 2014 6:15 PM

The people is not the problem. But the big companies that take a profit from this situation. Probably created by them.

Todd BrownMarch 7, 2014 6:52 PM

What's the problem, exactly? Why can't you like what you like without also shitting on other people who don't like what you like? Which is exactly what you did with you 'too lazy' comment. And while you're at it, how about you name a single movie in the history of ever that wasn't created and marketed in it's home country to find the largest possible audience. This is what the industry is now and always has been everywhere that it has ever existed.

Know what you are? You're that indie hipster that derives a a sense of your own self worth out of your tastes being more obscure - and therefore more 'cool' - than people in the mainstream and you just can't pass up the chance to point it out. It's nothing but self aggrandizing wankery.

ZetoMarch 8, 2014 9:12 AM

Here's your movie "Un Chien Andalou".

ZetoMarch 8, 2014 9:14 AM

It would be good if Sahamongkol and the other original rights holders for 13 Beloved doesn't need american intermediaries to profit worldwide from their work.

ZetoMarch 8, 2014 10:33 AM

You know what? You have convinced me. That's way I'm not going to see The Raid 2. I'll wait for the remake! ;-)