BREAKING: SINNERS AND SAINTS Fans, Here's Not One, But Two Reasons for You to Be Excited!

Contributing Writer; Sydney, Australia (@HugoOzman)
Director William Kaufman's SINNERS AND SAINTS was one of the best action films, and one of my personal favourites, of 2011. The first great news is that, as some of you already know, it will have its Domestic Premiere at the upcoming North Carolina's ActionFest , the 'manliest, muscliest film festival on the whole damn planet', with director Kaufman and stars Johnny Strong and Tom Berenger in attendance.

Now, ScreenAnarchy has also got the exclusive scoop that SINNERS AND SAINTS 2 will be going into production this fall, with William Kaufman and Johnny Strong returning, and Chad and Evan Law (who worked with Kaufman on THE HIT LIST as screenwriters and ONE IN THE CHAMBER as associate producers) penning the screenplay. Director Kaufman has promised the sequel will have more exciting action than the original.

SINNERS AND SAINTS 2 is scheduled for a theatrical release some time next year.

More about Sinners and Saints 2

andrewcdubApril 7, 2012 11:25 PM

One of the best action films I've seen in a LONG time. Shows that you don't need to have a big budget to make a great action flick. The shoot outs were also top notch in my opinion. Not many big budget films get that part right and IMO, this movie did it perfect. Have/would recommend this to anyone that hasn't seen it yet.

Hugo OzmanApril 7, 2012 11:55 PM

Thanks, andrewcdub. I totally agree, and here's my full review: http://twitchfilm.com/reviews/2011/08/sinners-saints-review.php

ToryApril 8, 2012 12:19 AM

Just want to say that it was cool of Hugo to take the time to e-mail me about this. You're one of the reasons why this site rules!

Hugo OzmanApril 8, 2012 3:03 AM

Thanks for your very kind words, Tory! : D

arturoApril 8, 2012 7:13 AM

Thanks for the update Hugo, will check out the sequel when it hits..

Hugo OzmanApril 8, 2012 7:18 AM

Thanks, arturo. Definitely hoping to bring you more updates and news on this production!

presti71April 9, 2012 12:53 PM

Love, Love, LOVE this film! One of my favorite action films of recent years and a definite throwback to the golden age of action films. Cant wait for the sequel and to see what else Kaufman has in store for us.

I fully 150% credit Twitchfilm for my discovering this film long before ANYONE had heard of it. This site has exposed me to so many great foreign and independent films that i would never know about on my own.

Thanks guys!

Hugo OzmanApril 9, 2012 7:48 PM

Thanks, presti71! Exposing our readers to great foreign and independent films is what we do here at Twitch!

cuckooApril 10, 2012 7:36 AM

Really surprised people liked this one, I couldn't get past 30 minutes of it.

GApril 12, 2012 4:23 AM

My hats off to Twitch for fooling me on this one. I'm currently the laughing stock of my house for renting this and telling everyone it was supposed to be the 2nd coming of action movies. Touche Mr Ozman, touche.

Hugo OzmanApril 12, 2012 7:20 AM

cuckoo, the best bits are in the film's last 74 minutes!

Hugo OzmanApril 12, 2012 7:33 AM

G, I am so sorry to hear about how you're being treated in your house. I think everyone ought to be giving you support rather than ridicule when your decision has not worked out so well.

Hugo OzmanApril 12, 2012 7:48 AM

Hey everybody,

I need some support here!

If you are looking forward to Sinners and Saints 2, please 'Like' this post.

And if you like Sinners and Saints, please post a comment here!

Surely andrewcdub, Tory, arturo, presti71 and myself aren't the only ones who like Sinners and are looking forward to the sequel, right?

isaaccc10April 12, 2012 4:33 PM

Dear G,
I don't think anyone is trying to fool you here. For me, I don't agree with every single review published here at Twitch, but I would never criticize any of the writers for that. These guys are always bringing us the best movie-related content, and every time I visit, there is new interesting stuff to read. We should be showing them a little appreciation instead of blaming them for a DVD rental that you and your family didn't like, don't you think?
And for the record, I think Sinners and Saints is awesome, and I am really looking forward to Sinners 2. Thanks, Hugo!

RoyApril 13, 2012 9:21 AM

I liked the first one a lot and im glad there is a 2nd one, the first one was one of the most fun action films to come out in the last couple of years. Glad to see one site supporting it.

Hugo OzmanApril 13, 2012 4:30 PM

Thanks, isaaccc10. It sure is good to be appreciated, and thank you for your understanding that there will always be films that we like but our readers don't, and vice versa. I think this is what makes film discussion so much fun.

Hugo OzmanApril 13, 2012 4:32 PM

Thanks for your support both here and on Twitter, Roy!

espinnenJuly 22, 2012 3:55 PM

I enjoyed the movie and loved the music.