Second Run DVD Releasing Juraj Herz's MORGIANA In October
Much of the label's output has been focused on classic 60-70s films from Hungary, Czechoslovakia, and Poland. This includes the upcoming release of Morgiana, a 1971 film from Czech filmmaker Juraj Herz. This is the second Juraj Herz film that Second Run has released; The Cremator from 1968 was the first.
Morgiana is described as "a twisted Czech take on Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" The story is as follows:
Morgiana, based on a short story by Aleksandr Grin, (the 'Russian Poe'), is the story of two sisters, Klára and Viktoria who live a life of decadent excess stranded somewhere between the mid-19th and early 20th century. Klára is auburn-haired and beautiful, whilst Viktoria is ugly, sadistic, bursting with hate and jealousy - and who hatches a terrible revenge by slowly poisoning her more popular sister. As the poison takes hold, Klára begins to lose grip on her sanity...
Here are the specs:
- Region 2 PAL DVD
- New filmed interview with director Juraj Herz
- All-new digital transfer with restored picture and sound
- New English subtitle translation
- Booklet featuring essays by Daniel Bird and Dr Ian Conrich
- Optimal quality dual-layer disc
- Available for the first time on DVD in the English-speaking world
Do you feel this content is inappropriate or infringes upon your rights? Click here to report it.