TIFF Report: Wisit Sasanatieng Talks Citizen Dog

citizendogstill.jpg

This years edition of the Toronto Film Festival came to an end for me today with the chance to sit and interview Wisit Sasanatieng, the visually astounding director of Thai cult hit Tears of the Black Tiger, about his latest film Citizen Dog. Once again, the written transcript will follow once I have the time to transcribe the building stack of interviews here, but in the meantime here's the raw audio file for your listening pleasure. Wisit speaks very softly, though, so you'll need to crank it up. Again, the file is encoded as a self-playing executable.

Wisit Sasanatieng talks Citizen Dog.

DaveSeptember 18, 2005 11:11 PM

Why is an audio file an executable? Can't you make it an MP3 instead? Thanks for the work!

Wise KwaiSeptember 19, 2005 1:25 AM

Great interview. Very insightful questions. I hadn't realized he was having to supplement his filmmaking career by continuing to make commercials.

xSeptember 19, 2005 2:14 AM

there's an UK DVD out by Pathe. Just the film, but it's OK. OAR, 16:9, decent subs. This is the International version, though.

Todd BrownSeptember 19, 2005 8:14 AM

My voice recorder uses some proprietary format that I can't convert to mp3s ... that would've been my preference if possible ...

MichelleSeptember 19, 2005 8:37 AM

nevermind, I didn't see the comment above that one

Todd BrownSeptember 19, 2005 8:56 AM

Personally, I'm perversely curious to see the Miramax cut of Tears ... don't think it got caught on tape but we talked for a while after the tape stopped and Wisit mentioned that Miramax made further cuts after the International cut to give it a happy ending. Nobody dies. Seriously.

KurtSeptember 19, 2005 9:16 AM

When the original version comes out, for those locals who may be interested, i can do a back-to-back screening of both DVDs on my home theatre...should be grounds for some ripe discussion amoungst Wisit Sasanatieng fans.

ARIS TILIOPOULOSNovember 28, 2005 8:35 PM

Can anybody tell me where I can find the soundtrack or music (name) of band that played at the end of the film from Wisit Sasanatieng "Mah Nakorn-Citizen Dog"?

MartenDecember 1, 2005 12:42 AM

Does anybody have info on an upcoming release of an english-subbed DVD of Citizen Dog?
-----